Immortal War

Prologue

      The sky was dark as Diakon Dreadspite climbed the spire of his castle.   As he climbed, he thought of the days he fought for the side he was about to betray.  Back then he fought for a world that was corrupt.  He fought to seal the gods at war.  He fought for his people.  Now he fought for a world that was to replace this chaotic world.  

      The moon was full and shined down on the spire Diakon climbed, making it shine like the sun.  He was almost at the top, yet it felt like he had only just begun his climb.  From where Diakon stood, he could see it all.  The land he once protected spread out below him and it took only one gust of treacherous wind to blow him and all of his plans off of the spire.

       It had taken many years to build his dreams and even though seasons had passed and the world had known his treachery, not one noble night had stood up to him.   And now that he was so close to his goals, many and more knights had poured into his gates.   As of now, they were sitting and waiting at their improvised camps down below.  Yet none of them had charged up the spire to take him down.

     The will stand vigil and whitness the resurection of chaos.  Daikon Dreadspite thought as he reached the top of the spire.   Diakon reached the top and stepped into the summoning circle he had made with the blood of every race.  As he entered the circle, it glowed red.  The sky quickly took in the colors and turned black and red and blue. 

      Diakon stepped into the middle of the circle and raised his hands to the sky.   His voice echoed through the world.   "LET ALL OF THE WORLD BEAR WITTNESS TO THE RESURECTION OF THE GODS OF DISCORD.   CHAOS WILL FILL THE WORLD AND DEATH WILL BE THE NORM.   HOWEVER,  I AM THE HAND THAT GUIDES THE DARKNESS INTO LIGHT, WHOEVER FOLLOWS ME AND SUPPORTS ME WILL KNOW MERCY.  IF YOU REFUSE MY WAYS, YOU WILL KNOW NOTHING BUT PAIN AND SUFFERING.   LET IT BE KNOWN,  I AM THE KING OF YOUR WORLD AND ALL THE WORLDS TO COME!"  Diakon then chanted a spell and the spire lit up with a bright red light and suddenly the clouds above the spire began to swirl and black lightning shot out of the sky.  A maelstrom formed in the clouds and changed colors to green and black and red every few seconds.  

      Suddenly, a black aura pulsated out of the spire and streached across the world.   The earth seemed to shake.  Diakon looked out to the sea.   The water exploded and out came a bright light that flew high into the sky.   Diakon then looked to the other side of the sea.  On that side, there was a maelstrom.   It swirled angrily as a black light shot out of it and flew into the sky.  

      Diakon then looked out on the world.  This world will soon fill with hatred and fear and with that, new followers will rise.   Soon, the world will bow down to my power and follow me into salvation.   And so we begin, an Immortal War.