Finding Out

When Aurora got home from the hospital, she barely remembered to send an email to Priyanka about why she wouldn't be coming to school in the morning before she put her things away and going to look for Spencer.

She found him in their bedroom, dressed for bed and reading a book. Spencer was very engrossed in the novel and he didn't look up until Aurora had closed the door behind her, straddled his lap and physically removed the book from his hands.

"Hey!" he protested. "I was reading th..."

Spencer's words were cut off by Aurora planting a brain-frying kiss on his lips.

"Woah." he remarked when the moment ended. "That wasn't just an errand you stepped out for, was it?"

Aurora actually giggled as she shook her head. "Nope. Emily suggested it, but she thought I could be pregnant."

Spencer's heart skipped a beat and he stuttered, "A-are you?"

"I am!"

There was a beat of silence on Spencer's part as he digested the news, but almost immediately afterward, he broke into a look of pure joy.

"Really?" he returned Aurora's kiss. "We're having a baby?"

"Yes, and," she giggled again. "The most interesting part is how far along I am."

"Oh?"

"I was informed that not all baby bellies are text book in size, so don't freak out, but," Aurora cupped Spencer's face in her hands and stroked his cheeks with her thumbs. "I'm already pushing ten weeks."

Again, Spencer stuttered as he did the math. "T-ten? So that means that it happened on our second date after we came back to your place after the drive-in theater?"

"Gold star for Spencer."

Quite pleased that Alice was asleep for the night, Aurora dismounted from Spencer's lap and shimmied out of her shirt and leaned back against their headboard. Her bra was definitely showing off her assets and she could even see that Spencer's eyes had gone straight to her chest, so she pointed to her middle. A slight swell could be seen, although if Aurora wore a roomy shirt, it would be completely hidden again.

"Take a look. Our little guy or doll is growing  in there, and I saw on the screen that everything is happening as it should be; the baby is completely healthy."

Overwhelmed by the emotion of it all, Aurora began to cry, and in response, Spencer wiped her tears for her and kissed his way down her body, from her cheeks to her neck and shoulders to her chest.

Aurora let out lusty sighs at the feel of Spencer's kisses and thought about taking him right then and there on the bed, but her attention was completely derailed when Spencer kissed her bump and began talking to it.

Normally, Spencer in past years wouldn't have seen a point in speaking to a gestating child that wasn't even big enough to hear yet, but since this child was his, that changed everything.

"Hey, in there." he lowered himself onto his stomach and propped himself onto his elbows. "I'm your daddy, and I love you much already. You surprised mommy and I by letting us know that you're joining the family, but I promise you that we're very excited."

Aurora looked down at her bump and tacked something on in addition. "We are so very excited about you, little one, but when we tell your sister about you, she's going to be over the moon."

At that, Spencer sat up. "Rory, when should we tell Alice?"

"How about we make her a special breakfast in the morning? We could take her out to breakfast before you go to work, but she wouldn't be awake enough to appreciate it."