Irenian Ball Invitation

Zane (P.O.V)
It's been 2 weeks since Aphmau has started walking again. It's not so much the walking that is painful but more of the awkward movements like turning around, leaning over, etcetera. I've been walking her around everywhere whether it be to the library, dinner or the gardens and I regret to say I've enjoyed every moment of it. I've always admired her. When I first proposed it wasn't because I wanted Pheonix Drop's trade, that was merely an excuse, but because I wanted to take her before my brother did. Back then it didn't really bother me that she wouldn't have any feelings for me, all I wanted was to spite my brother with her, I had no intention of having feelings for her. Now that I've met her I feel ashamed for what I had planned to do to her, her town, her friends.

I help her up from the wheelchair that I used to move her into the garden. Lifting her up slowly, her lilac material dress moving with her *look at image*, I move her to a bench resting under the stone pavilion. The early morning sun glitters over each new growing leaf or flower bud. Winter has slowly melted away along with Aphmau's inability to move. We've been merging this scene into our morning routines. Aphmau will have Beatrice help her get ready in the mornings before I arrive and I will help her down the long winding staircase. Sure, it annoyed Jeffery how much time I was spending with her each morning but it's the only time my head is clear and I can be alone with her. No stressful thoughts.
Unfortunately Aphmau is more than ready to leave for Phoenix Drop as we agreed she could, once her two month recovery period is up. I can't shake the thought she might try to run again after I went back on our agreement almost as soon as it was made. I've even had nightmares about it, waking up in cold sweats. I don't want to be left alone in this dismal palace...not again. I want to make these two months special but with Aphmau only just getting to her feet it won't be easy.
I place an arm on Aphmau's shoulder as she leans into my chest.
"How are you feeling this morning?" Is all I manage to say. Aphmau straightens up to reply with,
"Getting better I'm sure, I'm definitely not in as much pain as I was at first." I'm glad.
"I know we agreed that you could leave once you've recovered...and..I indend t..." She pushes my arm off of her,
"We had a deal! Don't break it again!" I hold my hands up merciful.
"No..no that's not what I meant." She relaxes, "I just wanted to say that before you go I think you should at least attend the Irenian Ball." She looks puzzled.
"Irenian ball? I've..never heard of it" Of course she wouldn't have, it's a celebration only a few cities recognise; I doubt Garroth spoke of home often.
"It's a Southerly recognized holiday so it doesn't suprise me. O'kasis is a religious city, it has the biggest divine cathedral in this province. It's only natural that we celebrate all divine days."
"What does the holiday celebrate?"
"It's a celebration of when Irene defeated Shad the Destroyer and dissapeared into her dimension. We celebrate her bravery and selfless act." Her eyes widen slightly at a loss of words,
"I've celebrated Creation day in Phoenix Drop but I've never heard of other holidays." I perk up
"Then you absolutely must attend!"
"When is it?" She seems to share my bubbly mood.
"A month from now." I get extend my hand out, "may I be your escort for the evening?" She takes my hand,
"Absolutely".