Letters from Heaven

It was a normal day I woke up to Ryan laying next to me and I smiled at his perfection. I couldn't live without him, he was my everything, my heart, my world. All I wanted in my life was him, and I was good. He was mine, forever and always. 

I layed there staring up at the ceiling thinking of all the times I have had with him. Last night was the best night of my life, he asked me to marry him. 

*The night before*

I heard a honking outside and automatticaly knew it was Ryan, a huge smiled came across my face because I hadn't seen him in at least a month, he was finally gonna be in my arms again.

I walked out to the car and saw him smiling at me standing in front of the passenger door, I ran up to him and gave him the biggest hug in the world. "I miss you, baby." "I missed you more, Kaitlyn." I loved it when he called me by my full name, no one did except for him, which made him even more special to me. I hopped down and climbed into the car. I watched as he walked around to the drivers seat.

I didn't know where he was taking me, he never told me because he liked suprising me.

When we arrived I saw the beautiful sun setting over the pretty blue calm ocean. I climbed out of the car and stood in front of the car staring at the beautiful scene in front of me. I felt Ryan's hands wrap around my waist and leaned back resting my head on his shoulder.

"It's so beautiful."

"It's not the most beautiful thing I've seen. When I look at you, I see something more beautiful than anything." 

I kissed him realizing that I never wanted to lose him. I was only 20 years old and had found the love of my life. Someone that could keep me from doing the bad things I used too. I fell asleep with him right there, under the stars. I don't think my life could have got any better than what it was in that moment. Looking over and realizing he was mine. He woke me up and told me it was time to get home. I looked at my phone and realized it was almost morning. I walked with him back to the car as we got ready to drive home. 

Once we hit the road we realized there had been a party that night and all of the drunk people were now leaving to go home. I trusted Ryan with my whole life. I knew he would get us home safely. We were stopped at a stoplight, I looked into Ryan's beautiful blue eyes as he told me he loved me. As soon as my "I love you too" was about to come out of my mouth, I saw headlights and heard a speeding car. That car had hit are car.

I heard a loud beeping nose, something like the air bags. Ryan had flew out of the car, I ran out to see if he was okay. He was unresponsive. I shook him, crying as he layed there, weak.

I was being shook as I heard someone saying "Kate! Kate!" in the background. I realized that I was dreaming. Ryan was really gone. The love of my life died that day. I sat up surrounded by beer bottles, and smashed bottls of vodka. I felt a very strong hangover coming. 

I coped with Ryan dying by turning back to alcohol. It took my stress away.

I then thought again. "what would Ryan think? What would he do if he saw you like this?'