Chapter 2: The Project

Camryn's POV

After school, which felt like forever after the partner news, I went to my locker to grab my book bag. I put my phone, earbuds, charger, and usb into the front pocket. Then I put my chemistry binder in the big part along with the book.

"Hey, your place at 12 tomorrow." Jake said with his hands in his pockets.

"Why my place?" I asked hesitantly.

"Fine my place then, you know the address, every one does." Jake smirked and walked away.

I sighed and closed my locker.

Saturday Morning

I woke up around 8am that morning, which is late for me considering I have to wake up at 5am every weekday.

First I hopped in the shower, brushed my teeth, and did my facial routine. I wrapped a rope around me and walked down the hall back to my room.

Today it was about 70 degrees so I decided to go with, light washed skinny jeans and a white long sleeved cropped sweatshirt. I paired it along with my floral boots, bag, and 'love' necklace.

Once I finished getting ready it was about 10 so I had two hours. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Hey sweeties, where are you going." My dad asked me.

"I have to complete a chemistry assignment with my assigned partner for 50% of our 3rd quarter grade. I got stuck with Jake Brooks."

"Yikes, well good luck, be back by 11."

"Yea, thanks dad." I smiled as I walked out of the door.

I rung Jakes door and he opened it and stared at me.

"Are you going to come in or stand out here in the humid weather?" He asked annoyed.

I rolled my eyes and walked in, I sat my book bag on the breakfast bar.

"Let's just get this over with, were experimenting on how to cause chemical reactions by making bubbles." I said.

"Okay, you look nice."

"Save it, the sooner we finish the faster I can leave." I responded coldly.

Jake looked down and joined me and the breakfast bar with the stuff. I laid out everything and he looked up reactions for the liquid online. "I'll get the stove ready, this one looks cool."

I leaned over and overlooked the laptop screen. "Jake, you have to have a cooler for the bubble foams to set."

"There's one in the basement. Every place in California has to have one Camryn."

I know that I just didn't think he knew that, maybe I underestimated Jake with his intelligence.

A few hours later we finally came out with an antidote for the reaction. We recorded the project and cleaned up our mess.

"Hey, you don't have to leave so quick, let's go grab lunch or something."

"Jake you don't have-"

"I want to, and I hope you left your wallet because I'm paying." He insisted.

"Let's just make something here." I suggested.

"Fine grilled cheese?" He asked.

I nodded and out my bag down.