The Unexpected Flight

It was a regular, normal, chilly, and cloudy day in the state of Massachusetts. All except for my household. My family and I were double checking our suitcases to make sure we weren't forgetting anything. We were getting ready for our flight to New York.

"Beep, beep, beep," came a sound from outside.

"Mom the taxi's here," I yelled. She came rushing down the stairs with her suitcase and carry on.

"Chase get down here or we're leaving you!" She yelled. Then my dad came down the stairs with two suitcases and went outside to start loading our stuff into the taxi.

I went into the kitchen to get my brother and something to eat. When I got inside the kitchen, I saw my annoying brother drinking the milk straight from the carton.

"Seriously, you've gotta be kidding me!" I yelled.

"Shut up!" CJ- my little brother answered and rolled his eyes.

Forgetting my need for food, I walked over to him, grabbed his ear, and yanked him out of our kitchen. I told him to get in the taxi, and brought his suitcase to the taxi along with mine for my dad to load. I then hopped into the taxi joining my brother, mother, and the taxi driver, soon followed by my father. Then we were on our way to Boston International Airport (BIA).

"Yo if you don't stop we're gonna fight," I calmly told CJ.

"Get over it," he obnoxiously replied. It wasn't even five minutes into the drive yet and CJ was already getting on my nerves. He kept elbowing me in the side. I tried counting to ten but it didn't work because he was still elbowing me. So, I turned, punched him in the shoulder, and elbowed him in the rib.

" KJ!" my mom exclaimed in shock.

" What?!" I said, "I warned him." After that it was a very long and silent ride to the airport.

When we finally got to the airport, we stood in the line for New York and checked in. After the gate finally opened, we boarded the plane. We were all so excited about our trip to New York that we all started talking about the attractions we wanted to see as soon as we found our seats.

When we were over New York everything about it looked busy. There were cars everywhere. I could just imagine the lights at night. The city must look so beautiful from all the stories i'd heard. While admiring the city, the plane started picking up speed and I instantly became afraid. There were no flight attendants in sight and the brown man that I saw get up from his seat a few minutes before was not to my left right now. I wonder if he has anything to do with what's happening right now.

"Hey! No passengers are allowed in here. Please take your seat," came a lady's voice.

"Crack," I think I just heard a gunshot.

"Oh my go-"

"Crack, crack, crack"

Suddenly I start to see a red puddle leaking out from inside the cockpit. And the next thing I know...

"Boom!"

I think we just crashed into something. I try to talk but I can't. My body just won't allow me to. I can feel tears starting to stream out my eyes but I can't see them. Everything hurts and I can't move. Everything's red. The red's fading. I love you mom. Now everything's black. I love you dad. It's getting hard to breathe. I love you C-.

I don't think anyone survived that flight and if I could do it all over again I would. I would also change some things- starting with being nicer to my brother and saying 'I love you' to his face. Thanks for listening to my story. What An Unexpected Flight.