Lost Memories (Third book to 'Loving Being Different')

((So, here it is. I hope y'all like it. I'm gonna start posting regularly, hopefully. This new book is gonna contain twists and turns so here we go! I got so many messages and comments about wanting a new book, so here.))

Damon's P.O.V.-

"Stefan?"

Stefan acknowledged me by making a soft grunt as I slowed to a stop at the entrance to the living room. Stefan had his back facing me as he stood infront of the bottle of my bourbon,

He turned quickly, the glass on his lips. He quickly pulled it away and coughed in an apologetic way before placing the cup down. I kept my eyes on him, my brow furrowed.

"That my bourbon?"

"No."

"Sure looks like it," I said crossing my arms and smirking. "What do you need?" He said quickly changing the subject.

"Where's Michael? The little brat disappeared from my room." I asked slowly letting my arms fall limp to my side. "I haven't seen him," Stefan said with a shrug, turning to lean his back against the wall.

I opened my mouth to speak, but was quickly hushed as a loud crash came from upstairs. Stefan and I looked towards the stairs, "I think I just found him," Stefan said turning his eyes back towards me.

I furrowed my brow, and turned before jogging upstairs. Stefan's feet were close behind me as we pulled to a stop infront of his open bedroom door. The lamp that sat on the bed-side table in his room had crashed to the floor, It's base shattered into semi-large pieces.

"Yup, found him." I said crossing my eyes and staring at the small toddler sitting a few feet away with the lamp's wire in hand. The bright blue eyes of the child were glued to us as he lifted the wire to his mouth.

"Okay, no" I said stepping forward and grabbing the wire before tossing it to the side. The small child was easy to lift up as I scooped him up and held him with one arm, against my side. My eyes landed on Stefan who stared, "What?"

"He really does have your eyes," He said with narrowed eyes. "Yeah, well if you think this means I won't crush your throat, you're wrong." A small hand grabbed my cheek as Michael attempted to stuff it into his mouth, I quickly pulled my head away before sighing.

"He sure is a handfull." Stefan said with a raised eyebrow. "I can't seem to keep the little blood sucker out of trouble, He is always disappearing and eating, and I'm lucky if it's food." I said with a furrowed brow. I walked past him and towards The guest room. "Where are you going?" Stefan asked watching me.

"The guest room to put him to sleep." I said over my shoulder. "When are you going to stop calling it a guest room?" He asked, pulling me to a stop. The room had most of the same items in them, so it was hard to deny whose room it really was, or whose room it used to be. "It's not Loralie's room anymore," I snapped quickly glaring back at him, before turning and continuing towards the room.

The room was dim, but still had light from one lamp as I bent over the small crib, placing Michael down as he reached up after me, but I pulled away. It had been over a year since I'd seen Loralie, Michael had grown quickly over that time, not anymore than a normal child of course.

He had a head of of soft, brown hair that fell onto his forehead, almost just like mine.

I leaned forward, holding my self up with my arms as I gripped the edge of the crib. Michael had turned onto his side, his eyes closed as he drifted off.

I ran a hand through my hair and stood up straight, letting my hands fall to my sides. "This would be so much easier if you were here," I mumbled, my eyes straying around the room.