Chapter 3

I get back to Tiffany's house, and her parents are still out—it won't surprise me if they don't come home at all tonight. I slip out of the dress and heels, and put on a pair of black yoga pants and a tank top. I pad into Tiffany's bathroom, and wash my face, letting my hair out of the elaborate updo she put it in earlier. I look and feel like shit. When we went out tonight, I didn't expect to get caught—no less by a vampire.

I sit down on the couch in the upstairs living area, and find a movie on HBO to watch while a I wait for her to get home. I feel bad about the way I acted toward Godric tonight—he was only trying to defend his child. Which leaves me wondering again how old he is. Everybody seemed to listen to him when he spoke. I huff, deciding that it isn't worth worrying about. I'll never see him again anyways.

I'm just starting to doze off, when I hear a noise outside. Assuming that it's Tiffany, I head downstairs to greet her when she comes in. I reach the door, but what I'm not prepared to see is Godric walking a stumbling Tif towards the door. I stand there, with my arms crossed, and just raise an eyebrow at him.

"I had to drive her. She was too incapacitated to drive herself," he tells me, motioning to my drunk friend.

"Thanks," I mumble. I don't know what else to say to him. I want to apologize, but don't know how.

He stands there for another minute, both of us not saying anything, waiting for the other to make a move. The silence just makes everything worse, though. Not only am I pissed at him, I can't help but notice again how attractive he is—and that just makes me more pissed.

Our stand off ends when Godric's lips turn up in a smirk.

"What?" I ask him, glaring.

"Do I turn you on, Miss Thompson?" he asks, sniffing the air.

"How dare you?!" I exclaim, taking a step back. "Actually, I think you should leave."

"Do you really mean that?" Godric asks, taking a step forward.

"You can't come in here," I tell him victoriously.

"You're right, I can't. I wanted to apologize to you, actually. I didn't mean to react so harshly back at Fangtasia. I usually have more self control than that."

"Sure as hell doesn't seem like it to me. You seem like a big 20 year old—immature," I tell him, unable to control my diarrhea of the mouth.

To my surprise, though, Godric barks out a laugh. "That would make sense. I believe I was around 22 when I was turned, although we didn't keep time like you do now," he said thoughtfully. "I really am sorry."

I huff, and cross my arms. "It's fine. I shouldn't have been there, breaking the law anyway," I say. "That was still inappropriate—what you said when you got here."

Godric smirks and there's a glint in his eye. "Was I right, though?"

"UGH! You're insufferable!" I tell him. "But, come on in. I need help getting Tiffany up the stairs to bed."

Godric follows me up the stairs to Tiffany's room, and he drops her on the bed. We stand there again, our second awkward silence of the evening. "I, uh, guess I should go," Godric says, motioning towards the door.

"Yeah..you probably should," I say unconvincingly. I walk him out of Tiff's room into her upstairs sitting room. We stop once we get out there, and the tension is palpable.

"You never answered me," he says, stepping towards me.

I look at him from under my lashes. "What if I said yes?"

"Then the rest is up to you."

I nod, and take a step back. "Then I need time," I tell him.

He smiles softly. "Would you allow me to take you out sometime? On a date?"

I nod enthusiastically. "I would really like that. I don't date much, and it would be nice."

We talk for a few more minutes before I walk him out, and we exchange numbers. I trudge back up to Tiff's room and get her dress off of her. I lay down next to her in her huge bed, and fall asleep with a smile on my face.

Alright, so this wasn't as long as normal chapters, but I didn't really know what to do with these two in this chapter, and I didn't want to just BS my way to normal length. I hope you enjoy anyways!