Chapter 1:

3rd Person P.O.V:

April wasn't listening, plain and simple. Her parents were yelling at her, again. She had decided to get a tattoo, and they were pissed. But what they didn't notice was her headphones blasting music into her ears, hidden by her hair. She could see her brother smirking at his phone from the couch, but she knew it was because of her in trouble, not whatever was on his phone. 

April's P.O.V:

I was so tired of this, my family and my annoying brother. I ignored it and pulled out my notebook, tapping my pencil against the paper as I thought. After about twenty minutes of staring at my blank notebook, I tossed it on my desk in frustration, flopping down on my be. I leaned back into my pillows and relaxing, not realizing I was falling asleep till my eyes fell shut.

I woke up a few hours later to my door literally being kicked off the hinges. I let out a scream and jumped out of my bed as my father ran in, his eyes blazing with fury. I looked st him shocked and questioning. My father is a pastor, so I definitely didn't expect him to be able to kick my door down. He held up a bad of weed and started screaming at the top of his lungs.

" WHERE DID YOU GET THIS?! THIS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED IN MY HOUSE!! YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THIS FAMILY!!" My eyes widened and I couldn't help myself, I bursted out laughing.

" Dad that isn't mine. That's Jake's, he's the one who smokes in the house and brings girls over. You should be yelling at him not me." I retorted, once I stopped laughing of course. His eyes widened slightly but he didn't say anything. My mother stepped forward and said simply, " Pack your things, your moving in with my brother and his wife in 3 days." I looked at her like she was crazy, but they said nothing, just turned and walked out.