Chance: Luck

So I haven't done much editing on this since I did it for NaNoWriMo and I got only to a second chapter. I am excited to continue writing this though. There will be many edits on this but if it's anything major, I'll let you know in a further chapter so you don't have to come back to this one.
--------------------

The harsh lighting is blinding me, surrounding me. I can hardly see the dim shadows around me but they're not moving or making a sound. Even though I'm motionless, I feel wind blowing the short hair I have. I can't remember my name, gender, and hair color, my past. I can't remember anything. I can't feel emotion either. I assume I should be scared, but I can't help but feel numb. I can't turn around or look anywhere but what's in front of me.

Then I jolt out of my sleep, jumping off of my bed and it returns to me. My name is Chance and I am part of a lesser branch in the Hyuuga clan. I live to protect the Leaf Village as a shinobi, even though I'm only eleven years old, not even a genin. I have pale eyes like the rest of the Hyuuga clan, and brown hair that covers my ears. I am mostly frail since the Hyuuga clan aren't focused on physical brawn even though we work on taijutsu, which means fighting techniques.

Normally I wear the grey Hyuuga clothing. It makes me look thicker than I really am. Normally, shinobi have their kunai pouch tied around their thighs but I have mine around my left shoulder. I'm right handed. I wear blue clothed high waters for pants with white straps on the right leg.

All of a sudden, I remember where I live, sleep, who my parents and family are, and what I'm doing for the day. I relax and look at my bed. I also remember my reflexes. It's all a sudden memory, as if it weren't real.

I attend the Hidden Leaf's Ninja Academy and I have school today. I change into my ninja gear and open my thin, wooden door, finding myself in a clearing. There's a cleanly cut tree in the middle with dents and scorch marks from past training.

I quickly pull out a kunai from my pouch and throw it at the tree. Reflexively, I intertwine my hands with my index fingers pointing up as I yell byakugan. I want to believe that something happened, but my vision didn't change. Doing this is supposed to give me a 360 degree point of view if I could actually unlock it.

Most people in my clan unlock their byakugan at six years, but I haven't. My parents aren't usually there for me to learn from or look up to. I understand ninja's always have missions to do, but even when my parents are here, they aren't here for me. I feel mostly alone. I think it'll be worthwhile when I graduate the academy and start going on missions with a team.

I'm smart and I'm acing everything but the physical part of being a ninja. I'm not that strong in so many ways. Iruka-sensei is my teacher. I go to school with Lady Hinata. She's the first daughter of the head branch in the Hyuuga clan but she isn't going to be the head after losing to her sister Hanabi. I think they're both powerful.

Even though I train regularly, I'm far behind in the physical department.

Since my parents aren't around much to care about me, I walk myself to school. You would think the Hokage would enforce better parenting but then again he sends ten year olds into life or death situations. I don't know how I feel about actually participating in it. I care deeply for the village and I want to protect it, but I guess I don't completely understand death.

"Now would anyone like to demonstrate their clone jutsu?" I get my head in the game, realizing where I am.

Of course, the blonde haired boy raises his hand, wanting to show off. He fails and the rest of the class laughs at him. It's sad, but I know I can't do any better. Right after him, a boy and his dog go to the front of the room and makes an impressive attempt. Only three or four people in the room can effectively create a replica of themselves for a relatively long period of time.