All in a Day's Work

"Kayo-chin Kayo-chi~n!" Rin yelled back at the brunette "You're slower than usual, whats wrong?" The energetic girl had ran back to walk next to Hanayo.
"Oh, it's nothing Rin-chan..." But it was something. Just this morning, a girl had dropped her ID, and Hanayo intended to return it safely to the owner, like a good person would.
"Hmmm, if you say so..." Rin frowned and kept walking, staying a foot ahead of Hanayo.
"Hey, um, Rin-Chan? Do you mind if I take a detour? I've gotta go somewhere..." Hanayo drifts off, looking at Rin and then the ground, back and fourth. Rin spins on her heel and looks Hanayo in the eye,
"You're up to something, aren't you, Kayo-chin... But, I understand." Hanayo sighs with relif and begins to walk down the street "You don't have to keep sec-" Rin's voice faded as Hanayo ran down the street.
Hanayo eventually made it to the girl's house It's huge! Hanayo thought She must be rich! I could buy so much rice if I had that money. The timid girl tip toe'd toward the intercom, holding her finger above the button. Here goes nothing she gently pressed the button and soon after a woman appeared on the screen.
"Hello? This is the Nishikino residance, who is this?" Hanayo gasped and twiddled her fingers for a second before speaking
"K-Koizumi Hanayo! I'm in your daughter's class..."
"Oh! A friend! Come on in, she'll be home soon."
Creeek! The large gates opened very slowly. Hanayo walked in and up to the door, where Mrs. Nishikino was waiting.
"Welcome! I'll show you to our living room." Hanayo followed the woman and sat on their black couch, feeling extra small in this big house. "Can I get you anything?" The woman asked.
"N-no, I'm alright."
"Ok, don't be afraid to ask if you need anything."
~~
"Ugh! Where is it? Why can't I find it!?" The red-head cried. She was walking home and checking on everything when she couldn't find her ID. She even went back to school and checked everywhere and she still couldn't find it. Suddenly a paper fell out of her bag, a μ's promotional flyer. Maki snatched it out of the air and shoved it back into her bag, looking around to see if anyone saw her with it. When I'm home I'll throw this out, she thought, I don't even know why I got this in the first place... Suddenly, her thoughts were interupted when she heard rustling in the bushes. She walked closer when a cat ran out of the bush. Maki sighed and bent down to pet the cat "Dumb strays, I thought I was being watched." The girl laughed and walked into her house. If she had stayed a few seconds longer, she would gave heard a quiet achoo! From the supposedly empty bush.
"Mom! I'm home!" Maki called
"Oh good! You're friend has been waiting!" Friend? I don't have friends... Maki turned into her living room when she saw a familiar brunette sitting on the couch, hands on their knees, looking at the table. They apparently haven't noticed her.
"What do you want." Maki snapped and walked towards Hanayo.
"Oh! Y-you dropped this..." Hanayo kept looking at the table when she handed Maki the black ID.
"Where'd you find this?" Maki demanded.
"You were looking at the μ's poster." Maki took a step foreward.
"WHAT-" She knew she was watched, but she couldn't finish her thought since she banged her knee on the table and fell over the chair. "Oogh..." Maki looked up to see Hanayo giggling. She sounded like an angel.
"What are you laughing at? You're the one saying dumb things!"
"S-sorry..." Hanayo stopped and thats when Maki knew she liked her voice, she wanted to hear it again.
"You should join them, Maki-chan. You're really good... I sometimes listen to you play your piano afterschool." Maki gasped and turned red before standing up.
"You're crazy, I have to be a doctor like my parents, and besides. I hate idol music." Hanayo gasped before looking down, tears welling up in her eyes. "Oh ok... See you in school." Hanayo let herself out of the house
Shit! What did I say?! Maki knew now that she hated seeing Hanayo sad.
~~
Rin was peeking over the wall and saw everything. She giggled to herself "I know what I need to do." But then she immediately quieted down and hid in the bush again when she saw Hanayo leave the house. Let operation Makipana commence!