Chapter 3

We got in the car. I had my regular cheer practice before, then I was just going to stay at the gym. "How was school today"? Mom asked. "It was pretty good, I got a 98 on my geography test". I said. "That's awesome, I'll be sure to let dad know"! We drove for 15 more minutes, then we hit a bit of traffic. It's what normally happens on a Friday at 3:40, everyone's leaving work, so the roads are a bit hectic. "Hey mom, guess what we're learning about in Health class"? "Um, I don't know, snakes"? Mom said. "No, worse then that, puberty". I said. "If you have any questions you can always ask me, you know that right"? Mom said. "Yeah, I know, but how old were you when you started your period"? I asked. "I was 13 years old, so I started around the normal time". Mom said. "I have a feeling you might get yours soon, I mean your growing and your almost 13"! I'll be 13 in a few months. "Come on, it's snowing"! Mom cried. I looked out the window to see flakes of snow flying past. "It's only February, we might get another snow storm". I said. "Avia if you just jinxed that...". Mom laughed. We finally beat the traffic then got to the gym. I had a regular tumbling class, I needed to practice my tuck, since it's in our competition routine in a few weeks. One of my best friends Olivia came running from the bathroom. "Aviaaaa"! She yelled. She squeezed me so tight that I couldn't feel my stomach. I hugged her back after she let go of me. "Are you sleeping over tonight"? She asked. "Yup, who else is"? I asked her. "Well almost the entire team, Alex, Brianna, Paige, Morgan, Kayla, Gianna and Nicole, but a few more might come". She said. Her mom owns the gym, so we are here all the time. "Come on let's start warming up". I said. We opened up the doors then went in to the cheer area. It's a gymnastics and cheer gym, there's a room just for cheer though. We started to stretch by touching our toes, then we ran a lap around the gym. We rolled out our ankles and wrists, then started tumbling. "Oh hey Avia"! Brittany said. Brittany's Olivia's older sister, she's an elite tumbler but a really good flier as well, since she's tiny. She's the one who helped me get my full on the trampoline. "Are you sleeping over tonight"? I asked her. "Are you crazy? No way, I'm not sleeping here with a bunch of 11/12 year olds that are gonna be up all night"! She said. I could see why she didn't wanna sleep here. Olivia and I started to practice back tucks, then took a water break. Before we knew it, it was 6:15, so the rest of the girls were going to be here soon.