Chapter 12: Change

-Dovewing-
"Good morning tributes!" Dovewing jerked awake at the voice, nearly falling out of their tree. Tigerheart grabbed her scruff and pulled her back over to him.
"You have successfully made it to day six and your on the final seven. Congratulations."
Dovewing glared into the sky. She was curious on why Fang would interrupt a morning with a congratulations.
"I assume your all very tired and ready to go home. But there was been a change to the rules." Dovewing stiffened and she felt Tigerheart bristle.
"Blackstar has pleaded with me, over and over. So now there is a new rule." Dovewing pressed against Tigerheart as if it would rid them of Fang's voice.
"Now, in exchange for Blackstar's remaining lives, there will now, and forevermore, be two cats who will survive the games. Good luck!"
Dovewing felt like the world was on pause.
"T-That means..... That means we can both get out alive!" Tigerheart was happy now. He turned to Dovewing.
"Yes!" She mewed and then remembered what Firestar had told her.
"I want you and Lionblaze to be the survivors." Was what she remembered.
She no longer cared. All she wanted was to live with Tigerheart in peace, free from the Games.
"C'mon. Lets look around for the others. They may have supplies." Right then, thunder sounded.
-Lionblaze-
Lionblaze looked around. "Whitekit?! Moonkit!?" He called out only for a strangled mew to answer him. He ran towards the sound to see Talon in a clearing right beside a cliff egde. His pelt was soaked with blood and his body was covered in wounds. He barely looked alive other than his eyes. Moonkit lay sprawled out on the ground, her small throat was slit. Whitekit lay shivering underneath Talon's claws.
"Lionblaze...." he greeted with a raspy voice. Lionblaze realized that this cat was barely alive, which is why he probably went for the kits.
"Why are you doing this?!" Lionblaze asked and Talon chuckled
"I want to live. Besides, Its only because of your protection, did these kits make it this far." Talon dugs his claws deeper into Whitekit's back.
"N-No.... Talon let her go! Your killing innocent kits!" Lionblaze pleaded

"NO ONE IS INNOCENT HERE!" Talon screamed, raising his paw to slam it down on Whitekit. Whitekit spun around and slashed at Talon's throat. The mottled tom staggered backwards, his flailing paw catching Whitekit's ear. Before Lionblaze could stop them, White it heaved forward, sending her and Talon off the cliff and down to the abysmal bottom below.

Lionblaze sat by the cliff. It took a minute for the thunder to sound.
"T-They're gone....." Lionblaze stammered and looked at Moonkit. She was dead.
"Dovewing...Tigerheart....Crowfeather...." Lionblaze listed off the final three cats.
Lionblaze looked down. He could never bring himself to kill them. Maybe the dogs that had killed Heathertail and Dawnpelt would see to them.
Lionblaze shook the thought from his head and went back to camp were he would wait out, what he hoped to be the end of the 1st Warrior Games.
-Brambleclaw-
My tail swished with anxiety. The clan had been restless since Hollyleaf's displayed death. In the meantim the Rogues had added on to the camp. There was now a large black 'screen' attached to the stone above Firestar's den and there was one in his den and another in the Medicine den. There was also Rowanstar. Blackstar had given himself up to change the rules of the games. Although it was a practically pointless sacrifice, it now meant the casualties in the games would be less and less loved ones would be hurt.
Brambleclaw walked into the medicine den to see Jayfeather had fallen asleep. He had stayed up with nearly the entire clan who had mourned the dead cats.