Jimmy

*Thump, thump, thump, thump* You're slowly becoming conscious and you open your eyes to see a blood covered man dragging you by the feet, up a set of wooden stairs. You want to scream but your lungs can barely seem to breathe. Your heart pounds and your head aches. You try to form a single coherent thought but you're so scared you just can't seem to put the words to it. Your mind floods with sudden memories from earlier that night.

***************4 ½ hours ago************************

You're walking to your car from the store. The parking lot is oddly empty tonight besides a few last minute dinner shoppers. You groan as you look up from searching for your keys to see your car has been towed. "I was in there for 5 minutes!! Why me universe?? Why??!" you yell to yourself. You can hear footsteps behind you but pay no attention to them. You flip out your phone and dial your sister's number. It rings for about 2 minutes before it goes to voicemail. You groan yet again and shove the phone back into your purse. The footsteps are getting closer but still you ignore them. You go to walk over to the curb but you stumble and spill your purse contents all over the pavement. The footsteps are now right behind you. As you're picking everything up, a man covers your mouth with a chloroform-covered gauze wrap. You struggle and break your heels in the pursuit to get away. You slap his arms and try to get him to let go but you feel yourself weaken and slip out of consciousness.

*********************Present Time**********************

You come back to reality and realize you are also covered in blood. Your clothing is torn and your arms are covered with cuts and bruises. You and the strange man reach the top of the stairs and he drags you into a dirty, broken down, bloodied bathroom and hoists you into the bath. He realizes you are awake and grins behind his mask. At least you think he grinned. It's so dark you can barely see your own body.

"Oh so you've decided to join us again. It's bath time my sweet Alina. I'm going to clean you aaaalll up," the man coos. He then proceeds to fill the tub with boiling hot water. You scream as the water burns your skin and you struggle against the bindings but the rope is too thick and well tied. You try to rip your wrists out, using the water to slick the rope and your wrists down so you can get your hands out. The man laughs and wrenches your arms out of the water. He forces you to stand up and ties your hands to the shower spout. The water is still burning your ankles and feet and you ache so bad you can barely think. You drift out of consciousness........

*********************2 hours later***************

You wake up, still in the bathroom. Your hands are still tied to the shower spout but something is different. You let out a scream as you feel a sharp pain in your stomach. You look down and realize you are covered in blood and naked. The horrible man stripped you down and slashed your body. He had just given you a new one across the stomach when you woke up. You're broken out in a cold sweat and your face is tensed from both dried and wet trails of cold, salty tears. You scream for help and sob heavily as your shoulder length dark hair sticks to your skin like wet grass.

"There's no use crying for help. No one will hear you all the way out here. You are completely alone. No point crying like a lost child either. Why, don't you realize where you are?" the man says.

You can barely speak because your voice is so hoarse from screaming and your head is pounding. You pass out once again and as your head tips forward into a deep sleep, you see a name tag on a bloody polo shirt that is lying on the floor. It reads, "Hello! My name is Jimmy."

You drift into a nightmare/flashback. You didn't recognize this man but the name was familiar. From your childhood you think. You had tried so hard to block that whole ordeal out of your life and mind but it was no use. You will always remember that night..........