The Day I Found Out

Today was the first day of school. I wasn't really anxious to get there. Really thinking about it, I don't think I was ever anxious to go to school. I slowly grabbed my black skinny jeans, a tank top, and some sneakers. I walked out of my room, and went into the bathroom, closing the door behind me, and slowly dragging myself to the shower. I sighed as I turned on the shower, and let it warm up, while that was happening I looked at my reflection in the mirror, I never liked the way I looked, I mean I wasn't really "ugly" but I wasn't as pretty as I always wished I was. I take a good look at myself before everything turns into a blur. I turned around, sighing, and stripped out of my clothes, then hopped into the shower, the water was hot, and soothing.

I have no idea how long I was in this shower, but it felt so good, I never wanted to get out. I heard my mom call "KATELYNNE, WE HAVE TO LEAVE IN 10 MINUTES! HURRY THE PACE UP!" . I slowly get out of the shower, and wrap a towel around me, running to my room, and quickly getting dressed. I grab a few bracelets to go with my outfit, and I put light eye liner on. Once I'm satisfied I run down the stairs, and grab my backpack. "MOM!! I'M READY!" I blurt out. I see my mom walk out from the kitchen, she looks a bit paler than usual, I guess she's sick. "Mom, you look sick, I'll walk to school". She looked at me like I was crazy, and in her usual morning voice she says "no, I'm fine. I'll bring you to school." After about 15 minutes I'm at school, and I just look at the school wide-eyed. This school is huge. I didn't think this school would be that big. Once my dad left me, my mom and I moved to California, and I had to exchange schools. So, now I have to make new friends, and start new. I let out a sigh, "bye mom, I love you." And I planted a quick kiss on her cheek. I opened the door, and headed for the entrance of the school.