COMING SOON: REMASTERED

My lungs gave out as my body hit the floor, and my vision became blurry as I went to clutch at my stomach. My mouth became dry and as I opened it to try and scream, nothing came out. I closed my eyes and curled into a ball, wishing and hoping for some sort of miracle.

My father loomed over me with his foot lunged back, ready to strike me once more. As he screamed at me I couldn't tell what he was saying, but as his foot struck into my stomach, I gasped for air and sprawled out onto my back.

I loved my father; no one saw the side of him that was gentle and loving. When mom passed away, he turned bitter and angry. He resorted himself to drinking and tried to take it out on me, but usually I was able to escape his wrath.

Now wasn't a good time.

Yet when someone began to pound on my door, I almost cried at how relieved I felt. My father, with an irritated grunt, whispered for me to go hide but yet when he went to open the door I didn't do anything.

The horrified scream my neighbor made when she saw me made me start to cry, and I couldn't move from the spot I proclaimed as mine. Soon, the cops were over and hauling my dad to jail.

Medics surrounded me and gently carried me outside, which is what I requested. The cool air felt great on my warm skin, and my eyes weakly opened as the medics checked my pulse and gently pressed an ice pack to where I was wounded.

"Tay?"

Someone was calling out my name, and when I looked over, my heart swooned as I saw the 15 year old Jenna McDougall staring down at me. Her face resorted to anger and worry, and tears filled her eyes as she collapsed besides me and quickly took my hand.

"T-Tay, HE did this to you, didn't he?!" Jenna hissed, squeezing my pale hand with aspiration. I said nothing, only looked at her blankly with a weakened glance. Jenna bit the inside of her cheek, before she jerked herself out of the grasp of a police officer.

I frowned softly as she was eventually pulled away from me, and as she kicked and fought to run back to me, she yelled, "Why do you always allow the people you love to hurt you?!"

To this day, I still don't know the answer to that. Maybe somewhere in my slightly damaged heart, I wanted to see the good in others. No one was ever completely bad, but perhaps I was allowing my own denial to blind me from the truth.

Jenna was a huge part of my life, but I didn't realize it until I was being hauled away in a ambulance and headed towards the nearest hospital. She was loving, kind, funny and she always knew what to say to make me smile. If anything had ever happened to her, I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

To this day, I wondered if we'd still have a strong bond. When I started becoming friends with Hayley, that changed, of course.

------

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY THE REMASTERED VERSION OF MY STORY 'LONELY GIRL' :)

So sorry I deleted my other version, but I was losing inspiration. Plus, I was learning how to write appropriately back when I created that. Now I have a chance to remaster it.

Hope you all have an amazing day and don't forget to smile ❤