O 1

“You are Sandara Park. You can do this.”

“I know,” was the only reply I managed to say.

I was told to be this. I was told to be that. Sometimes, it’s becoming tiring and redundant. But I can’t just back out. This is where my life depends. And even though I tell myself that I can survive without these hideous people, there’s still this hint of desire for the prominence I’m receiving. That deep down, I do want this.

Yes, I am Sandara Park, a world renowned actress.

I was born with fame. My mother is the world’s highest paid model. My father is the country’s most successful businessman. See? That’s why I have nothing to choose but to live with it. Fame. My family breathes it.

But that was four years ago. I was living well. I love my career and my family’s totally supportive about it. I was living such a blissful life. I totally thought I am living my life to the fullest. And that idea had gone down together with the plane crash that took many innocent lives. Including my parents’. Yes, they died four years ago. And that’s when I started living my life in a complete utter chaos.

The agency I’m working at kept me. I’m a talent. All I do is a hit. I am gold for this company. They can’t just let me go. But something I didn’t expect happened. They started to abuse me. Feeding me with elegance, grace and sophistication.

I chose to follow.

Or else, they’ll make my life hell.

“Sandara!” that shout snapped me out of my trance. “Can you just focus? This is serious business, Sandara Park. You cannot fuck this up.” I scowl at my mind after hearing him curse. He’s pissed. It wasn’t my fault I was late. This stupid dress is a nuisance.

I heaved a deep sigh, “Yes. You can trust me with this,” I told Mr. Lee, my own manager, fidgeting the hem of my violet velvet dress that reached just above my knees.

I’ve been in front of press lots of times already. But none if those events made me nervous as I am now. And I swear, I can’t figure out why.

His groan flicked my reverie, once again. I stare intently at his small, black eyes. “I said you can trust me with this,” I snapped.

“Prove it, then.” And I knew it was the signal to step out of the backstage.

If you are wondering why am I still in this company despite the fact that I am one successful actress and surely, I have millions in my pocket now, I still can’t?

I already tried. That was two years ago. I escaped, letting my feet bring me to any place it could. But I forgot something that is very important. They’re holding my money. I can’t live without my own money. How would I even survive?

I’ve been away for a month. Just in a month, they were able to find me and bring me back to their goddamned company.

But in that month, I met the person who made me change my ways.

.

[Two years ago]

.

“Sandara, here, take this,” he smiled while giving the plate of my breakfast he made. A smile has never been this peaceful to look at.

I looked down at my plate, “Pancakes?” and I looked back at him. His face doesn’t look so pleased. Oh my God, I think I sound disgusted. “I like pancakes,” I smiled, and it wiped the worried look off his face.

“For a second, I thought you don’t like it,” he giggled, sitting in front me.

I promise to God, he’s not making me comfortable.