I Don't Care Anymore

I had done my examination about one month ago and, no doubt about it, I was -no, I am- extremely nervous about my results. Not only did the writing on one piece of paper decide my future but it also shaped the way my friendships would end; with my best friends, of course.

I am now standing on the highest floor of my school with the Principal, awaiting my results. Mrs. Garcia called my name and at the exact moment the smooth envelope touched my hand, I froze.

What if I don't get into the school I wanted? My mother'll disown me!

What if I don't go to the same school as Emerson and Kaia? Then I'll be alone now. If my mother disowns me and I don't have anyone else, I'll turn into this creep on the side of the road!

"What University accepted you, Quinn? Where're you headed to for the future?" Emerson questioned. She pulled me out of my little ramble but... she allowed me to go straight back into it.

What if I don't have a shot at the future? Who the hell would I be? Where the hell would I be?!

"Well, c'mon then! Don't be so anxious about it? Do you want me to tell you?" Kaia added, as she was about to take the broze envelop from my hands.

"No! I might as well do it. It's my future we're dicussing after all." I turned away and slowly ripped the top of the envelope off.

Kaia stopped me by putting her hand over mine. She looked to Emerson and shook her head unapproved by my words, "It is our future we were discussing. Now, hurry up!"

I smiled warmly at her and ripped the envelope open quickly, all thanks to my best friends for the confidence.

Yale University.

Silence was my only response to the paper infront of me. That University was placed in New Haven, Connecticut and by the looks on Emerson and Kaia's faces, I knew that the both got into different schools too.

"I'm going to Standford," Emerson whispered.

"And I'm going to NYU." Kaia groaned loudly. My eyes were wide and my mouth was hanging open while my hands were limp and my side, realesing the paper that has torn us apart. My heart clenched at the thought of losing my only true friends. My eyes burned and a heavy lump formed in my throat.

"No!" I squeezed my eyes shut and prayed that I was only dreaming. I can't lose them now. Not now, not when I need them!

The tears cascading down my face was the loudest cry I could give. Only because my mouth was sealed shut. I am slowly losing the only people on this plant, on the Earth, that I have ever and would ever love. I can't let them go.

"Oh, Quinn, don't cry!" Kaia suddenly pulled me into a bone crushing hug and even though I was struggling to breathe, I hugged her back just as tightly and cried on her shoulder.

"Hey, don't forget me!" Emerson pouted and joined the hug. I laughed ather antics and she smiled at me.

I will surely miss them. Emerson's playfulness contrasting with Kaia's motherly personality and I stood smack in the middle of them both. I pulled away and smiled at my best friends.

Out of the blue, my cellphone ran, causing me to jump and Emerson to laugh ridiculously loud at this. I rolled eyes and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I responded to the person waiting on the line, a bit confused.

"Hey, Quinn. What's up?"

'It's Trystan.' I mouth to the girls."The ceiling. Duh!" I laugh out but Trystan didn't.

"You sound like you've been crying," I could, literally, hear the frown in my boyfriend's voice. "Why?"

"Uh... I'm just -uh- catching onto a cold?" My pitch got higher as I spoke, therefore making me sound as if I've asked a question. "Yeah, yeah! I've gotten the cold. See?" I tried to cough but failed miserably.

"I'm going to be picking you up in five. Be downstairs!"

I gave my besties one last hug before I rushed down the stairs to meet Trystan in his car with another girl. Just when I thought my day could get any worse, it did.

Trystan looked me in my eyes and smiled devilishly. He turned away and grabbed the back of the girl's headand kissed her when he knew that I was watching him.

And I did the onlything that I could process. I walked home, not caring who called after me, who tried to stop me. I did not care because every turn I take,a new problem arises, only pulling me futher into madness.

But, I don't care anymore.

===========

Hey, hope you like the book and this is most definitely my first book, so don't judge me too hard, okay? Comment and vote! Help me improve!

-Missltoe!