CHAPTER FIFTEEN

The next few weeks became the busiest time I've ever experienced. The morning after my debut, I met up with Sae Kyung who took close to the whole night planning out my schedule for the next 2 MONTHS. I had a live interview that afternoon at 3PM and after that, a performance at 7PM. Not only that, I was going to begin my music video filming and concert rehearsals around my already packed schedule.

Before going to my interview, I found TOP about to walk out of the building. I quickly attempted to run up to him. "Oppa!" I called to him. He turned around with a blank expression. He didn't say anything when I caught up with him so I said, "I didn't see you this morning."

"I had a meeting and I went training," he answered blandly.

"Where are you going now?" I asked.

He looked down at his phone. "Home," TOP replied.

I smiled awkwardly. "Why don't you come with me to my interview?"

"Is it because Ji...because the other members are busy?" he asked bitterly.

I was taken aback by his question but quickly recovered my smile. I linked my arm around his and handed him one of my crutch.

"It's my first ever live interview. I'm going to need some moral support," I told him. TOP stared down at my eyes and I looked up, struggling to keep the smile on my face. He looked so lost and miserable; it made me feel like a monster. "Come on," I laughed and pulled him to the car to drive us to the interview center. "This is the least you can do," I said.

"So what's the most?" he asked as he climbed onto the car.

I climbed in after him with his help. "Do the interview for me."

He laughed for the first time since a night ago. It was so great to hear as it sent shivers down my back. When I reached the interview center, there was a live audience and cameras everywhere. As I stood backstage, I looked to the audience on the stands and took a shaky breath.

"You weren't nervous about your debut but you're nervous about a mere interview?" TOP chuckled behind me.

I looked back at him. "It's different. I put up an act onstage. Here, I am whoever I am."

"That reminds me," TOP said, "have you been having any nightmares?"

My eyebrows furrowed when I realized I slept soundly last night. "No...I haven't."

"There it is..." He smiled, knowingly.

A backstage worker came up to me and told me I would be on in a minute. I turned to TOP nervously as I breathed heavily in and out. TOP reached out to fix a lock of my hair.

"Just be yourself," he said. "Like you're talking to me. I'll be right here."

I nodded smiling at him. And I was on. I walked on with my crutches and the crowd cheered-no, roared with enthusiasm. I put on my brightest smile and uneasily sat down on the couch and positioned my black and dark red zebra striped cast to a comfortable position with my red skirt and black quarter sleeve plain black shirt. I quickly glanced over to TOP who winked at me. I turned back to the interviewer, confident.

The interviewer asked simple questions like how I managed to get into YG, my thoughts on my debut and my injury, and how I came up with Thorns. We eventually came up with questions about my interests and such.

"Mindy-ssi," the interviewer said, "it's said that you did admit that you are a VIP so if you were to choose one member as your favorite, who would it be?"

I laughed nervously. "I wouldn't like to choose at all. I love all of them equally but...well," l smiled shyly. "Well...I grew to like all of them. But I started out with a bias."