The Summoning

She gave him a few minutes to calm down, but she did not leave the room. Many frantic questions flooded into her head, but she maintained her self control.

                After Sora's breakdown seemed to come to an end, she spoke once again.

                "Sora, I want you to take a deep breath and stay calm, okay? I want to help you." The brunet nodded and wiped the tears from his eyes.

                "Okay." Sora replied, and looked into his grandmother's eyes. Within them swam deep emotions. Determination. Anger. Worry. Sadness.

                "Why would you feel defenseless, Sora?" The brunet stayed quiet for a few moments again.

                "I'm not wearing my necklace. I-I forgot it at home... and-" Sora felt a familiar prickling sensation behind his eyes, but he tried to remain calm.

                "...And?" Namine insisted, pushing for a full answer.

                "...And Riku's not here right now..."

                "Who is Riku, Sora?" Namine asked, genuinely curious. She studied her grandson's face closely.

                "Riku is my best friend..." Sora answered honestly.

                "Why would the man with yellow eyes go after Riku?"

                "Because he is the one who is always protecting me from him."

                "Riku can't always be with you though."

                "Yes he can..." Namine looked at him confusedly. Sora noticed and elaborated.

                "My room is Riku's room. His parents abandoned him, and he can't leave our house because it was his own house." Namine gasped loudly at his clarification.

                "Sora, hold on... do you mean that - that Riku is a ghost..?" Sora looked her in the eyes and nodded his head shyly. He quickly spoke up.

                "He's a nice ghost though! Don't think he's not, because I did and his feelings got really hurt..."

                "Can you see Riku, Sora?"

                "Yep! And when I have my necklace on I can touch him, and he can touch me. When he has the necklace on, he goes from black and white into color. He has really pretty eyes you know. Oh! Also, when he wears the necklace, he can touch other things, and even go outside for a while! No one else can see him but me though..." Namine didn't miss how Sora's attitude had changed as they had talked about Riku. Sora really hadn't been kidding when he said that the two of them were best friends. She smiled slightly.

                "Does Riku help keep away your nightmares?" The blonde asked the brunet, who nodded immediately upon hearing the question.

                "Yeah, he's like a guard dog!" Sora laughed out loud, imagining Riku as a German Sheppard with a silverish fur coat. Namine smiled at the boy who was in such an ecstatic state.

                "Well, Sora, what would you say if I said that I could try to bring Riku here?" The boy's eyes lit up immediately, but soon turned uncertain.

                "Well, that'd be so cool! But Riku gets hurt if he goes too far from the house..." Sora looked at Xion sadly, as if he was longing for something. She nudged him again, and he started petting her fluffy black fur.