Introduction

I woke up with a smile on my face. Outside, the birds were chirping, the golden sun trying to find its way into my room through the blinds, the wind blowing the tops of the trees slightly.

I looked around my room, appreciating the specialness of today. The beauty of this morning.

To be honest, getting out of bed was hard for me to do. No matter what the circumstances.

I took a shower, changed, ate breakfast (an amazing and delightful breakfast made by my brother, Benny) and grabbed my backpack.

"Joseph! Time to go!" Mom shouted. I ran out the door and hopped in the car. Five minutes later, we arrived at school.

I weaved around all of the other students standing outside the school and found Emily.
"Hi!" I said, giving her a big hug.
"Hi!" she replied, returning the gesture.

15 minutes before school started, everyone waited outside and socialized until the front doors opened.

"What's up?" I asked.
"Nothing," Emily replied, "I've been standing here for about 2 minutes. Nothing special."

I nodded. Emily and I were in 10th grade in high school, and winter was clearly beginning soon. The weather had already gotten chillier by 10 degrees in the past week.

Emily and I really had nothing to talk about, so we sat on a nearby bench and I draped one arm over her shoulders and the other in her lap, holding her hand.

We stayed that way until the doors opened and everyone poured into the school's main hallway. Emily looked into my eyes and gave me that adorable smile of hers and said,
"See you after school."

And I nodded.

•••••••••••••••••••••

Hey, guys! I'm really excited about this story. It's going to be epic. I got inspired to do this by a random online website with nothing but a bunch of random words all over the page. Thanks, random website. I'll never forget you. Anyway, I can't wait for you to come on this journey with me to see what Jonah's life is like and what happens! If you have any ideas about what should happen next, please feel free to comment! 😘😘😘