Slightly Awkward Lunches

" Let me get this straight."

Jack stared at his group of friends, not knowing whether to be amused or confused.  The cafeteria was crowded with too many people being squished into the small sized room. It reeked of sweaty underarms and probably poisonous meatloaf. ( Albeit Jack didn't know that meatloaf had a pulse... )  Truth be told, He would rather be sitting in the library with Mark, but he couldn't refuse so many of the people he cared about.

Which was why he was squished between Bob and Ryan, facing both Wade and Felix, the latter grinning mysteriously at him and waving for him to continue talking.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                 " You want to help me make Mark.... Jealous?" The boys nodded. " So that he'll....?"

Wade sighed in frustration. " So that he'll realize that he likes you! Have you not been reading 'The Othello Response' ?"

Jack leaned in and peered closely at each of their faces. He ran a hand through his hair and shook his head. " This is a joke, right?"

Bob glanced at him. " Do you really think that we would joke about something like this? Your love life is at stake."

"Jaysus. We sound like a bunch of girly girls."

Ryan laughed and ran a hand across the top of his head. " When we get finished with this, we're gonna act  like a bunch of girly girls too!"

Jack laughed. " Yeah, I guess we will."

Felix sobered up. " So....We're actually gonna do this?"

Jack glanced down, poking the meat on his plate with a fork. " Yeah..I guess I will."Bob and Felix gave each other high fives. " Alright! So.."

"W...wait. I wanna know why you guys are so invested in this. Like, why are you so worried about a little Irishmans heart?"

Felix turned red. " Well.... This girl, Marzia, she.. she thinks that you two would make a cute couple. If you two got together, and she knew that I made it happen...."

Jack nodded. " So... you're doing this for your own love life. I am totally okay with that." He glanced at the other boys, " Are you doing this for girls as well?"

Ryan shook his head. " Naw. We just really ship you guys. "

" Wow. We really do sound like teenage girls."

Felix waved him off. " Enough about that. We need to discuss a plan if we are gonna get Mark jealous enough to confess his feelings for Jack,  this is gonna be what we need to do...."