I Wonder Who It Is...

I looked into his eyes and i instantly got nervous. He looks like a foreigner, but i can't say from where just by looking at him.

"Are you okay?" He asked

"Yeah" I said faintly "I'm fine"

I got up hoping he would leave the situation alone, and we could just part ways. Then i felt a hand on my shoulder again.

"You won't let me buy you something?" He said, and i noticed his bottom lip poking out a bit

"I'm sorry i have to go" I said rushing off

I'm still a blank slate when it comes to where i'm going, but i guess i'll find out when i get there. I've been sleeping inches from trash cans for about five months now. Yeah, i've pretty much gotten used to the smell, since the stench i carry around often is the same smell. My hair is matted with all kinds of stuff, and every time i wash it the trash just builds right back up. The fact that my hair is thick doesn't help.

I've been searching for a safe place to rest so long that the day is gone. Some places that look safe, are infested with potential murderers, thieves, and rapist by night. I'll be lucky to wake up if i slept there. It's getting even more dark now.

"Hey" I hear a raspy voice shout

I kept walking hoping that the man was looking at some other women to prey on

"Hey, you!" He said louder as i began to hear his footsteps

I didn't look back to see if he was close, i just began to run. At times like these you can't wait for the punch line.

"Leave me alone!" I shouted as a darted down the street and cut a corner

I kept running until i finally hit one of those wealthy regions of town. The one with the fanciest of hotels shooting straight up into the sky. I figured if i stayed in the alley here, i would find some fresh leftovers from the rich people who never finish a plate. I was just about to walk into the alley when a peculiar voice caught me off guard.

I saw a tall figure talking to two other figures. When i heard the tallest figure speak i realized it was the guy from earlier. Wow, he must be some foreigner to be staying at this hotel. The two others made there way inside, but i guess he was a bit skeptical. He prepared himself to walk into the building, but a second before he disappeared he looked directly at me. My jaw dropped. I wasn't expecting such a abrupt and quick action. He then squinted as he attempted to make out my face.

"Hey, you!" He said "You followed me?" He asked and i shook my head

"I'm as surprised to see you as you are to see me"

"...Would you like to come in?" He asked and the answer was obvious

"No" I said quickly

"But..." He seemed shocked at my response "Don't you think i owe you?" He asked

"I don't care..."

I then walked deep into the alley making sure to hide behind the dumpster. I sighed as i threw my head back. I would have taken the boy's offer, but there is no way i'm sitting amongst those snotty people dressed like...this. Maybe i'll get lucky in the morning and the chef will have tossed out some food.

That night...i felt strangely well rested. This must have been a miracle dumpster, because it felt like i was sleeping on a cloud. I yawned, stretching my arms a bit, as i began to open my eyes. For some odd reason the sun found me in this alley, and is beaming right into my face. Only, I had opened my eyes to a lamp. There has to be a logical explanation for this. I reached out and touched the lamp as i sat up, to make sure i wasn't in dream land. It was only then i realized i was actually in someone's hotel room. There bed was very comfy, but that's not the point right now. I got up and began to look in every nook and cranny to find someone, but there was no one in sight. They kidnapped me, but then they just left me here.

I was even more shocked when i passed the mirror. Not only am i in a strange place, but....

"I'm clean?" I said as i stared into the mirror

I began to examine my entire body from things you can see to things...that you can't. I am absolutely squeaky clean. Not that it's a bad thing i'm just very disturbed at the measures this person went to. I'm so clean i almost didn't recognize myself. With all the dirt thoroughly wiped from my face you can actually see...well...my face. They even tossed on a tank top and some shorts. I don't know whether i should feel thankful or...violated right now.

I heard a soft knock on the door

It must be them. I thought as i quickly ran over to the door. I pulled it open feeling a bit of anger boil inside of me.

"Hey, how could you..." My angry greeting was ruined by the sight of no one

I looked down the hall trying to catch a glimpse of a running figure, but i did not. Whoever is playing this game with me. happens to be a pro. My eyes fell to the floor and there lay a beautiful meal....well...i did say if i was lucky the chef would bring me breakfast. I smiled hard at the sight of food. I then snatched it up shutting the door. I guess i can just eat their food until they decide to show their face. It might just be some kind of 'Pick Up a Hobo' joke. Either way i can't wait to see how this unfolds. Meanwhile these eggs are delicious.