Content

It's 5:45 a.m. in the Styles' household and Harry has found himself leaned against the kitchen counter daydreaming instead of participating in his daily morning workout.

For some reason Harry's focus was shifted this morning. His mind, and his body, longing for a break, a reflection period.

At 33 years old, Harry has toured the world multiple times, married the love of his life, gotten a university degree, and had four beautiful babies. Not to mention the fifth on the way. Harry's hair grown longer and longer, and then he'd cut it and cut it. He didn't have much choice when babies were tugging at the chocolate locks constantly. Harry was still relatively in shape, but he absolutely refused to let you endure the effects of a pregnancy alone, even if it meant gaining a few pounds here and there.

And at this moment, Harry could not have been more proud of himself. He had learned at a young age that it was dangerous to have so much pride in himself, but this morning he figured it wouldn't be too bad if he just sat back and reflected on his life so far and just relishes in his contentment.

So, as Harry started the coffee maker and tidied up some areas in the kitchen that were left in disarray after last nights dinner, he made the decision to skip his workout.

The coffee was finished and Harry trailed into the living room taking a seat on the sofa. He turned on the news, keeping the volume low as not to wake the kids or his wife.

His eyes were drawn to a picture sat on the mantel. The picture contained all four of your babies sprawled out on a blanket. It was a sunny day, but considering it wasn't too hot, you and Harry had decided to take the kids to the park for a little outing and have a snack or two while you were out there. The kids were all too happy to be outside and playing that when you and Harry tried to settle them down on the blanket for a nap, you had the hardest time containing all their squirms. Harry thought that the moment you two finally corralled all four children on the blanket was indeed a picture perfect moment. So, he snapped one and took to social media with it.

Another picture caught Harry's eye. It was the one of his firstborn child, Sapphire Grace, after she was just born and cleaned up in the hospital. This picture always reminded Harry of what it felt like to become a father for the first time.

-

Harry hadn't realized just how long he had spent reminiscing until he heard footsteps descending the stairs and into the living room.

"There you are babe." Your voice whispered to Harry as you wrapped your arms around his neck.

Harry just sighed in content. "I was thinking." He revealed.

"Uh oh." You stood up and walked around the couch to stand in front of him. "What were you thinking about?"

Harry's eyes were glued to you and your six month baby bump. Harry always thought you were beautiful, but when you were pregnant he thought there was just something special about you carrying his child that made you look so unbelievably gorgeous. Even at times like this, when your hair was in complete disarray, clothes disheveled and barely fitting, and not a drop of makeup on.

"About me, us, our babies. You know we've done a lot of things in the past few years missus. And I am so proud of us. We got married and we had babies and we went to college. We both went to college! How great is that?" Harry couldn't hide his pride over how great his life had turned out. Of course he had kept his excitement hushed because, after all, there were four babies in the house asleep.

"Yes sir, we did," you sat next to Harry. "We did and you did. You're a great husband to me, a fabulous father to Sapphire, Amethyst, Declan, and Quinn, and you've accomplished so much. I love you babe."

Sure Harry loved to brag on himself and feel proud of himself every once in a while, but as he lay on the couch cuddled up with you, he discovered that he preferred the feeling of contentment over pride.

"I love you."

--------                                                  ---------

VOTE

COMMENT

REQUEST