Reminicing

"I can't believe he got so mad over a little shouting." Kagami said setting his tray down on the table and dropping his bag on the floor next to his feet.

"Well what do you expect he is the vice principal after all" Alba said accepting the straw Kuroko handed to her and sticking it into her milkshake.

"I didn't even finish and I got in trouble too." Kuroko said patting Alba on the head as she sucked at her straw.

Kagami looked over at them in shock and quickly swallowed his food as he chocked on it.

"You again? Maybe I should start going somewhere else" he said.

"We aren't allowed on the roof anymore, what will we do if we cant join the basketball team?" Kuroko asked

Kagami smirked "He, thats not gonna happen."

"Well see" Alba said as she eyed the mountain of burgers on Kagamis tray.

"Oh by the way, I was gonna ask Alba this last week, but why didn't you go to some big name school like the other five guys? You were good enough to be as the phantom sixth member."

Alba raised an eyebrow as she mulled over when he could've wanted to ask her that, but after a while of not coming up with an answer she just shrugged it of and turned her attention back to her milkshake.

Kuroko put his straw back in his mouth as he thought over the answer.

"Is there some reason you play basketball?"

Alba looked up from her milkshake and set it down with a sigh.

"Tetsu's middle schools basketball team had one core principle." She said seriously as she held up a finger.

"Winning is everything"

Kagami turned to look at her, interest written all over his face.

She sighed again and rested her arms on the table lacing her hands around the styrofoam cup that held her milkshake.

"Instead of teamwork, they need to push the indivual talents of the GOM to win, nothing could beat them, but they weren't a team." She said looking down at her hands and falling silent.

"The five of them approved, but I felt we lacked something important." Kuroko continued as he saw she wasn't going to say anything else.

"So, what?, are you gonna beat the Generation of Miracles your own way?" Kagami asked.

"That's what I was thinking, and Alba said she'd help me"

"Seriously?" Kagami exclaimed a slight smile forming on his lips.

"Your words and the couch's words really struck me. Now my biggest reason to play is trying to make you and our team the best in Japan."

"Were not gonna try." Kagami said standing up and looking down at the two smaller teenagers as they looked up at him.

"Were gonna be the best."

_________________________________________________________

The next day Kagami walked into class to find everyone standing by the windows.

What's all the commotion?

He walked over to the window and smirked as he saw the words written on the track field.

WE WILL BE THE BEST IN JAPAN

He looked over at Alba's seat only to find it empty and Kuroko beckoning him over.