Chapter One

A/N- Hi, everyone! This story will be starting around the middle of the second season, I believe. I'm going to be very picky, and only include certain things from the show into the book. I hope you all don't mind. (:

•••

Chapter One

Angel's sleeping pattern is never the same every night. Some nights she'll sleep a full eight hours. Others, she'd be lucky if she slept two hours.

It's all due to her nightmares. The ones that cause her to have terrible insomnia the moment she wakes up from them.

She never wanted this life, she didn't even know it was possible when it happened to her. When she was succumbing to her tragic death that frightful night.

She remembers the screams of her neighbors as she walked down the once quiet dirt path. The pitch forks were set on fire and her town's founder's seemed to have been on a mission as they grabbed people left and right, taking them from their homes.

She had no idea what was going on, she's so young, only sixteen. She barely knew what life was, and she was about to get it taken away from her.

She doesn't realize it yet, but she had just woken up from her very death.

The memories haven't came back to her yet and although she had no idea as to why she woke up in the middle of the woods, she figured it was due to her taking another stroll through them. One her father wouldn't approve of.

She didn't even realize what was going on with her as she started to stalk towards a boy around her age. She believes he might have been a neighbor of hers, but she wasn't too sure. She didn't care for such information. All she could think about was how she can clearly hear his heart beating against his ribs and the flow of his blood running through his veins.

He was standing outside of a home, the home want familiar to her, but no one else was around. Or so she thought.

Something within her told her to do it. She wasn't in her right state of mind, she didn't realize what she was even doing or why she was doing such a crazy and inhuman thing, until her fangs were already stuck into the boy's neck and she watched as she took his light away form his eyes.

She killed him.

She became a vampire, and she didn't even know why or how that even happened to her.

No, it was too late.

Her eyes filled with tears at the sudden realization of what she had done. She killed someone! An innocent!

She's a monster!

She saw the familiar older man, named John Gilbert. He stares at her in disbelief. His pocket watch, pointed straight at her and she didn't understand. Blood was dripping from her lips and down onto her beige dress.

What were they going to do her?

They vervained her, something she wasn't familiar with. Muzzled her also. Then through her into the bag of a carriage along with other creatures like her.

Then she was locked inside a tomb for the next one hundred and forty-five years.

It's been six months since her older brother Stefan found her. Damon had skimmed over her, too busy looking for his beloved Katherine at the time. He didn't give her a second glance. If it wasn't for Stefan getting stuck in there, Angel doesn't want to know what would have happened to her. Lost in a world she knows nothing about since all the others were set free after that.

She doesn't like this world very much and she especially doesn't like being a vampire.

She doesn't like these nightmares either. She doesn't like remembering the things she was compelled to forget.

She hates being reminded of them in her thoughts, and now in her sleep?

She just wants a break.

She just wants to be free.