Something Different

Pairing(s): NaruSaku and SasuHina

Rating: T

Author's Notes: Just something that was lying around in my drabbles. I changed the ending though. Don't forget to drop a comment or vote this story. This is just a random drabble btw. No idea how it happened.

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto. You did get that memo right?

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

Uzumaki Naruto gripped his pen tightly. His face set in deep concentration, still trying to figure out the working for the additional mathematics question. You read that right, people. Question without a 's' because it was the only question left unanswered. He sneaked a glance to his right and craned his neck to copy his best friend's answer.

But Uchiha Sasuke almost immediately threw a glare as he caught him in the verge of copying his answers.

Naruto pouted and glanced at his sensei, Hatake Kakashi, who had his nose buried in a small orange book. Probably one of those books from the series Icha Icha Paradise. Not that Naruto read those kinds of books - he totally reads them. Almost every being in Konoha knows that the series was written by his so-called-uncle Jiraya.

The blond leaned back on his chair, surveying the small class. Haruno Sakura - his girlfriend - sat on his left as always, scribbling furiously on the paper. Nara Shikamaru dozing off in the corner. Same old, same old.

But…

There was something different in the class that day. He couldn't put a finger on what exactly.

He twirled the pen in his hand and doodled mindlessly on the desk. Then suddenly, a bulb lit up in his head. He immediately wrote down the working. He had a maniacal smile plastered on his face.

When he wrote the answer, he stood up abruptly, knocking the chair to the floor and shouted, "Hell yeah!" with his fist up in the air. It was the kind of feeling when you felt as if you're standing on top of a cliff with the effect of the waves hitting the cliff, the wind blowing on his face.

"Naruto!"

Naruto snapped back into reality as he heard Kakashi-sensei calling his name. His classmates had their eyes on him. He scratched his cheek and laughed nervously. Just before Kakashi could say anything, a figure burst into the classroom.

It was Hyuuga Hinata, cheeks turning bright red. "I'm s-sorry I was late, Kakashi-sensei," she gasped.

Kakashi sighed and handed her a detention slip. "Detention after school," he said before turning his gaze to Naruto. "You too, Naruto."

"H-hai."

"Take your seats," Kakashi instructed.

Those who were sitting close to Sasuke – apart from Hinata and Naruto – didn't missed how his grip on the poor pen tightened, turning his knuckles white.

The Uchiha was mentally stabbing the dobe. Actually, he was hurting the idiot. It wasn't his imagination. He didn't know how it happened but all that he remembered was they were brawling with Sakura and Hinata acting as the mediator.

Normally, the teachers were used to it but it lasted for the whole day. Which is the reason why Sasuke caught in detention with Hinata, the dobe and Sakura - she was the one who knocked some sense in them.

Across the room, Inuzuka Kiba smirked as he caught a whiff of jealousy.