Chapter 3

Amy

Reagan looked at me with a raised brow and I could tell she was asking me how I ended up here. She wanted to know my story since I knew hers and I want to tell her but I'm not to sure on all the details. I know I was stabbed in the back and that's about I know. I might have had server blood lose but I can't be too sure until I hear from my doctor. I open my mouth to speak but was cut off my a feminine voice I didn't recognize.

"Goldie locks wasn't lying both of you are awake." Both of us turned toward the  new voice and saw a light moca skinned doctor smiling at us. I would ask how both of you feel but I'm going to assume pretty shitty. I'm not sure which of you I should check on first, the girl who died three times before she even got to the room or the one whose been in a coma for a year."

"Either one of us is fine I guess." I shrugged and bit my lip at the pain that shot through my back.

"Reagan you have to learn how to walk and talk all over again, as you know its been a while since you moved or spoke so speaking again will be harder and your bones aren't as strong as they once were because of inactivity. So you'll be in therapy starting tomorrow." I watched Reagan nod as she hugged the bear I threw her to her chest, "Amy you on the other hand had server blood lost and poisoning; apparently this 'Mate less Killer' coated the blade in a mix of different poisons. We were able to identify each poison and give you the proper antidotes but you still needed a blood transfusion; you being an O- it wasn't an easy feat and we were trying our best to find any donated O- when Goldie stormed up to us and demanded to know what was taking so long." I snorted and shook my head at the image of Lauren glaring up at the older woman, "I told we needed O- for the blood transfusion and she rolled her eyes saying: 'Now her and I are really going to be sisters. Come on hook me up, I've owed her a blood transfusion since we were 11.' And well as you can see the it was successful. I'm Dr. Reigns by the way and I'll be over seeing both of you during your stay here."

"Now that bitch Vashti can't say anything when I call you my sister." I looked at the door and saw Lauren, standing with Theo, leaning against the door frame, "I don't think she get the phrase: Blood doesn't make family. Didn't her father almost disown her when he found out she had sex before marriage and refuses to say she's his daughter now. I'd love to see that on Tumblr and reblogged a couple hundred times; see if she likes her personally business out there for everyone to know."

"Lo be nice," She sneered at me, "Wait til I'm out of the hospital first." A smirk quickly replaced her sneer before she turned to Theo.

"Theo this is my sister Amy, the self proclaimed God of shrimp and Donuts," Reagan laughed next to me and chocked slightly on the water Dr. Reigns gave her. My face flushed in embarrassment but I held my head high, "Amy this is my mate Theo and he bought you something." I raised a brow at that as Theo made his way over to me with his arms behind his back. When he was in front of me I was presented with a plate of food in a black corner store bag. I took it and brought it up to my nose to smell before quickly opening the bag and removing the top plate when I recognized what it was, "He made it himself, too." I grabbed he plastic fork in the bag and tasted the food in front of me. My body relaxed drastically as I closed my eyes and chewed.

"Oh my God, Lauren he has my seal of approval, just promise that you'll make a shrimp scampi love child. If two don't collab on this dish I'll die and haunt you both." I took another bite and started doing a little dance before Reagan and I hissed in pain. Before I could comment on the pain or Reagan's hissing, Shane and Duke barged into the room.

"Fuck Ru, your finally awake." Duke said as he slowly and gently laid my head on his chest while petting my hair. "Shane and I were here three hours ago when your room was changed and they said they didn't know when of if you'd wake." I shook my head and Duke let me go only for Shane to take his place, this isn't what I was trying to accomplish.

"Hey twink-star how about letting my sister go so she can fucking talk." Have I ever said that I have the best big sister already? Because I do. Shane let me go and I looked at Dr. Reigns who was looking at me.

"I've only been in here three hours?"

"Soul mate bonds are much more than what people perceive them to be. The day Reagan was rushed in Amy came in an hour later having collapsed in the middle of gym while running.  She had a minor  concussion that no one could explain and kept groaning in her sleep about the car crashing. There were only two car crash victims at that time in any hospital: one with the mother of all whiplash and the other who slipped into a coma an hour after Amy left." I glanced at Reagan who just stared at Dr. Reigns as the woman continued, "To be honest and painfully blunt, Reagan should have died that day; It was my day off and I shouldn't have been here but I was because I forgot my husbands medication. She was bought in when I was heading out, they told me she had a possible Cervical fracture, being that I was the only doctor who could do the surgery successfully or any experience with Cervical fracture in this region I had her rushed to the E.R and changed into my scrubs." Lauren took it upon herself to Reagan when she broke down and started crying; I wanted to do it but every time I moved anything other than my arms or head the pain in my back flared worse than before and Reagan would hiss along side me. "There's more to tell and it get worse and I'd hate to make your 19th birthday worse but I don't think these are things to be put off for a later date."