Chapter 13

EMMA

I woke up next a a strange scent. No smell of grandpa's pancakes, no smell of lavender. I could smell a string but relaxing smell. It smells almost like jake.

Where was I? I looked around not seeing the same furniture but a bigger room. It was neatly placed. The walls were painted grey and the furniture was a dark white.

I looked next to me and saw that Jake was deep asleep lost in his dreams. He looked even cuter in his sleep. He didn't have on a shirt and I could see that he was perfectly fit in every way.

"Good morning sweetheart"

"Good morning" I said with a smile.

"What happened last night ?" I said looking concerned.

"You feel asleep on me and I wasn't gonna let you go back to your brother."

I almost forgot that all that happened last night. I didn't want to remember.

" want anything for breakfast?"

"Sure."

He got up and put on a shirt, but he was still in his boxers. His bed head made him look twice and sexier. The way he sounded made my heart skip a beat.

I walked in with him flipping pancakes while I was trying to find the bathroom. He can cook and he's sexy. This couldn't get any better.

I checked my phone and there were 15 miss calls and 25 messages from grandma. I'm surprise that she knows how to use a phone. There was one from Kyle.

Kyle: hey Emma sorry about last night, I guess I got drunk. Please call grandma back she's going off like crazy.

I didn't want to go back there, but I didn't want them to worry. So I called grandma.
I explained that I was okay and I'm with a friend and I was tired to drive last night and I'm okay. I didn't want to tell her what actually happened yesterday.

"Hey Emma, you feeling okay?"

"Yes."

Since it was Saturday Jake decided that it was fun to go bike riding. I don't mind going but truth is I don't know how to ride a bike.

We arrived at a trial and we got everything set.

"Jake?"

"Yes sweetheart?"

"Um, I don't know how to ride a bike.."

" don't worry I'll teach you"

I got on the bike and let Jake do all the explaining.

After hours of training and helping I eventually got the hang of it and by no time I was a pro. We rode at least 3 more hours until the sun started to disappear.

"Hey you hungry?" Jake said while putting away the things.

"Starving!"

We went to go grab some burgers from bbq joint. Jake handed me my food and I devoured it in no time! We made little chats here and there but nothing personal.

"So are you going back em?" As Jake finished his last bite of his burger.

No one called me em ever since chase and I broke up.

"No. Well I mean yes but no. Kyle is still there and I don't want too."

"You can stay with me until you feel safe enough to go back."

"Thank you Jake."