The Meeting

The picture is how I imagined Cameron Darnell!! I know 'Cameron' is a boy name, but I have my own reason why I named my main female protagonist by a boy name. Otherwise, just enjoy the story & hope you like it x
(More picture coming soon)

Even though other passengers are lifting their hoods or bags to shield themselves from the drops of rain, that night, for the first time I let the downpour soaks through my skin. I let myself smile before stepping further making myself sheltered by the ceiling of terminal. I have never miss rain like this, not if New York has the most least boring weather in the world. I'll tell I had four seasons in New York. Winter with flowers blooming everywhere, winter with snow, summer and winter with falling leaves.

After taking my nearly-over-the-limit  suitcase with 'Louis Vuitton' patterned on it, and thank God, I am the last person waiting for my luggage to arrive at the conveyor-belt so no one can see me nearly falling over pulling up the heavy suitcase. As I step to the gate, my eyes glaring over the crowd surrounding the exit. Propping my weight all over my tip-toes, I try to find where my ride is.

Suddenly a boring Marimba tone glare out from my violet purse and I instantly unzip the leather and grab the iphone, press on the answer button quickly knowing the caller ID displayed clearly on the screen is from my ride.

"Thomas," I chirp, slightly smiling and suddenly my heart beaten so fast, hearing his voice feeling my elder stepbrother is not far from where I stand.

"Cameron," He beams through the phone, "We're not far from your left. Just arrived two minutes ago but we didn't expect the crowds would be this much." He says with a nervous chuckle, "Can you find your own way here? I'm holding up my red beanie."

"Wait there," I say craning my neck to my left to see over the top of people's head and my eyes finally catch a flash of red in the distance, waving about, a skinny and slightly tan arm attached to it. "I see you,"

I breath, beginning to push through the crowds and try to avoid people as I can. It's not easy with a giant suitcase rolled over behind you.

Increasing my pace, I bump into people but I don't care. All in my mind is how close I am, how there are only few steps between me and my brother. I drop my suitcase, throwing my arms around Thomas and burying my head in his neck as the tears begin to flow. I feel his arms wrapped around me and it slowly turns out 5 seconds hugging him feels like I haven't seen him in over hundred years.

"I miss you so, so much." I exclaim suddenly feeling like not wanting to let go of the hug.

"I miss you too little sis," He says tighten his hug, patting my back at the same time.

"Where is Mayra?" I ask him when we finally separate from one another, realizing my elder sister isn't here with him, "She said sorry for not going with us to pick you up. She is busy with..something," He states with his strong British accent,

"Oh, it's okay. Really." I give him a weak smile, when suddenly my eyes spot a man standing just a metre away from us.

"Isaac!" I cry, jumping in for a hug which makes us crack up later.

"How are you little buddy?" He asks giving me a sideway hug, "Whoa, I can't believe how tall you've gotten," He states, a big smile padded across my face, i can't stop myself from smiling today.

"C'mon, we're going to show my little sister her new home," We both turn around to find Thomas with my suitcase's handle clutched in his hand. And I don't know why they keep calling me 'little' and it never makes me fail giggling in my head.