Her Own Rain

Heyy guys!! Before you read this, let me tell you, this is NOT my work. Its my louisianian friend's, her names Taylor. Love youu Taylor!! <3 Alrite, thats all I gots to say... so.. on with the story!! :D

*************************************************************************************************************************************

We’ve been best friends for a long time. 

Since the days we chased butterflies

 and watched the sun disappear beneath the grass. 

We were always together. 

Always.

wee1

                She glanced up from his pale face to see the sun.  Squinting, she let the light flood her vision and burn into her mind, purple and green shooting across like fireworks.  A hand lightly tapped her on the back of her head.

                “Idiot.  You wanna go blind?”  She smiled and turned to the teen standing behind her. He was tall; so tall.  In a scary way, even, but she never was scared of him.  He was her best friend. How could she be scared of such a bond that they shared?

                “Would you love me any less if I did?” she asked quietly.  He turned his head and looked to the side, no emotion showing on his face.  Her smile faltered.  Her heart skipped a beat.

                She kicked off her strappy white sandals and buried her toes in the sand, wiggling them around in the slightly wet earth until her toes were covered in it, in between and all.  She swung herself back and forth, listening to the rusty swing set croak.  Back and forth, back and forth, until she got tired of the annoying creaks it made.  Then, with a sudden burst of energy, she jumped up and smiled at him.

                “Didn’t think so!”

Why such a fake? Why such a lie?

Week 2  [im breaking]

                “I think I’m sick.  Mark, I think I might be dying.”  Said boy scoffed lightly and shook his head.  He paced the sidewalk slowly, not paying attention to the leaves they fell around him, denial written on his face.  He stopped in front of her.

                “You aren’t dying.  Don’t talk like that.”

Erika smiled and reached up to finger his coarse black hair.  She bit her lip and moved her other hand up and down his shoulder.  She thought about when they were kids.  Childhood.  You didn’t have to worry about anything in the world, because, simply, nothing was bad.

                “I remember when you hair was soft.  I used to just run my fingers through it, touching it, brushing it until it shone like I had always wanted mine to.  You mom used to--"