The Miracle

There I laid on the hospital bed looking down at the little miracle tightly wrapped in a light pink blanket. We named her Hope, as she gave us the hope we needed. This was truly one of the greatest days in my life. Next to my side my husband sat, looking in awe at his new baby girl. The 9 months of pain and giving birth was all worth it. The doctors told me it would be close to impossible to have a baby, but here and now I'm holding my miracle. She wriggles around in my arm and finally opens her eyes. They're piercing blue just like her father. Her little hook nose so small, delicate yet strong. I gently hand her over to her father and I see his eyes fill with tears. I truly love this man and I know he'll make a wonderful father. I don't even realize I'm crying until he reaches over and wipes a tear that has escaped my eye. This, this is my family, my baby girl, and my husband. This would be a day I remember and hold in my heart forever.
8 years later
I look out the kitchen window to see hope playing with her best friend Ariana. She has the brightest smile on her face. I never would have imagined myself here. My husband comes up and wrapped his hands around my waist and gently places a kiss on my cheek. She was the hope we needed, hope that the future will continue to be bright.