Chapter 3

The man was sympathetic. He told her not to worry because her dad would be back soon. Abby wasn't sure if she wanted to meet her father. Now or ever. Abby excused herself from the conversation and went to her mother.
"I want to talk about dad and the man over there claiming to be Barney Eve dads old friend," Abby quietly whispered to her mom. Her mom did a quick little gasp. Her mom Bebe led to a corner far away from everyone so Abby's sister Kate wouldn't hear. Kate was only nine teen and wouldn't be able to handle it depending how on the condition of her disease.
"Okay, your dad and I met in college, at a party your dad was drunk, two weeks later I went to the hospital with some sickness, they told me I was expecting you I told your father and we got married, everything was fine until Barney finally convinced him to go to rehab, when he got back he told me he didn't want us, he left and I haven't seen him since," Bebe said with a heavy heart.
Abby was furious not only at her dad but a Barney Eve, but mostly at her dad. How could he she was only eight and Kate was only four. He could have at least written. Selfish man, thank goodness she was like her mother.
Once again Abby noticed Barney staring at her. She couldn't help but notice how he seamed to look, blotched skin, puffy eyebrows, and dressed to impress. He smiled seeming to mouth the words "thy beautiful lady shall the opportunity be mine? To live the thought of you?" But then again she couldn't be sure.