2.

On my way to the train station, I found Lindsay slowly moving with the giant crowd of 17 year olds. I called out to her, but my voice was blocked out, so I just made my way over to her.
As I reached her, I seamed to scream, "crazy out here aye?"
She nodded silently.
"Nervous?"
"Yeah. But Carson what if I don't know what to chose?"
"Nah. Your great at knowing what's best!"
I could tell she didn't buy it fully, but I didn't try to encourage her more. I might end up scaring her, plus, she could chose the wrong unit. She's an individual. Such things are not respected in our community.
We moved on, till we came to a stop at the tracks. The screeching of the metal train hurt my ears. Ahead, people jumped on the train as it slowed down. In order to get everyone to the capital building, the train never stops. Some people are scared of this, but you just have to learn, or people push you on. Trust me, it's no fun. I remember that once I was pushed on. I burned my legs on the ground as they hung out of the train car. I still have scars from that.
But anyway, I let Lindsay jump from the platform first. Then I went right after.
*Ding* The overhead speaker rung out, " To ensure no mix-ups, teenagers on your local train filter to the front if attending 'the picking'"
You've seen strange people right? Well, nothing like what I see. People with pink hair and frilled pink jackets. Wow. People from other places. Talking about culture.
I positioned myself so that I could look out the window at all the different places I never got to see. They don't let us travel to other towns. The ride was silent but a few more of those annoying overhead speaker recordings.
Of course, in about 25 minutes on the super speed train, we reached Yonite, where 'the picking' usually takes place. People shove my face right into the small window as they try to take a look. Teens cheered.
We reached the train station and I hopped off. I found my other friend Ty, moving in the ground, his rare, strait red hair, brown eyes and skinny face making him stick out. I walked over to him.
"Hey dude!" He said as I came over. He must not be nervous, I thought.
"Hey! You ready?" I asked.
"Yeah... I think ill be in the Defense of Etheron."
"I don't know what I'll be." The conversation broke off there for a while, and Lindsay came back and punched me in the shoulder.
"Owe what was tha..."
"Why'd you leave me back there? Don't you want to be with your friends for possibly the last time?"
I heard Ty mutter "someone's grumpy," and I kind of laughed, but when I returned to Lindsay's serious face I stopped and said, "I'm sorry."
I wasn't really paying att still to the surroundings until we reached the biggest stadium I've ever seen. It stretched almost as far as I could see and it was made out of a
Everyone filtered into a stadium lined with blue seats. On the tiny stage was the president and 7 papers, and I'm assuming we need to sign those.
As we sit down, the president begins into the microphone, "when your name is called, please come up and announce your choice to the public, and sign a paper. You can chose from militia, government, farming, caring, art, technology, and emergency services."
She started calling names that I didn't really here.
Then Lindsay's name was called and I payed attention. I could here everything going on, see everything, I was so content. She got up, fixed her dress and walked two flights of stairs down to the stage. Not to my surprise, she chose art.
Then later "Ty Ceol." He picked Militia.
As Carson Till, I knew I was up soon. I had no idea what I was going to pick. I know I'm panicking. But this decision makes the rest of my life.