Ch. 1

Chapter 1 

"Dad I'm sorry-" I was cut off by the stinging slap to my face as tears stung my eyes.  

"You know by the time I get home I want dinner cooked and the house cleaned." He shouted. "And why the fuck did you get another detention? What did you do this time?" 

"I was late to my morning classes." I whispered. I was slapped again before I finished my sentence. "One of my teachers saw the bruises on my face." I crammed in five seconds before he punched me. He wasn't my real dad, he's my stepdad. My mom married him before she got killed and I never liked him. Even before they were 'just friends'.

"The fuck, I told you be on time for school." He punched me in my stomach as I doubled over in pain. He then grabbed hold of my neck and whispered in my ear with a sly grin on his face. "I want this house clean before I come back downstairs. This included my room and the bathroom."

I nodded quickly trying to gasp for air. He threw me against the wall and laugh as he went upstairs. I quickly got  cup and started to clean the kitchen. There were only two dishes and the floor needed to be swept. I then vacuumed the living and dinning rooms. Quickly cleaned the guest room and bathroom before moving into the second bathroom on the second floor then I moved to my stepdads room and bathroom. The door was locked so I went to clean my room . I heard the door unlocked and felt someone behind cgme. I turned around to see him looming over me he pushed me on the bed. Fear quickly gripped me as he ripped off my shorts. I kicked and thrashed on the bed trying to get away from him but it was no use. He pulled down his pants and raped me. That night I lost my innocence to him. I couldn't be in the same room as him but he always found a way to continue to hurt me.  

~*~*~  

I walked into class  5 minutes before the late bell rung for 6th hour. I sat in my desk and waited for class to begin. "Hey, Chance." My friend Kris said as she took a seat next to me. "Why didn't you reply to my text yesterday."

I looked at her confused then realized what she was talking about. "I was busy yesterday. I'm so sorry."  This was my excuse for almost everything that I don't do that is social. It's kind of a habit. I turned to look at her to see if she would buy it, it looked like she did to me

"Oh my God, Chance, what happened to your face?" Kris almost shouted.

"It's nothing." I whispered trying to calm her down. "I swear, I just punched my self last night getting under the covers. But for the project in Mr. Kingston, do you want to go to my house?"

"Yea i just gotta text my mom. But she should be fine knowing that it's just you." she said while taking out her phone. "She said yea. I can go." I smiled knowing that my dad won't hurt me.

"So right after school... right? And were going to walk to my place?" I asked.

"ummm... Yea if that's all right." she replied.

"Yea, that's fine"

I took out my notebook from the same backpack that I had all through middle school and freshman year of high school. As the sub came in for our sixth hour teacher Mrs. Perez so it was basically a study period. I turned over to Kris

"Hey do you have the notes from yesterday in this class?"

"Yea, hold on." she said as she pulled out her spanish notebook and opened it to yesterday's notes I copied them not even understanding what half of it is. I mean I can speak fluent Spanish because of my grandma but I can not write it I never learned.

"Why are you taking this class any way."  Kris asked me as I finished her notes. "I mean you speak fluent Spanish and Italian at home when you are around your cousins from your moms side and your grandma is Mexican and your dad is black. You really don't have to take any language credits..." she said. I mean yea I'm pretty much as mixed as someone can get, with Italian, Irish, Mexican, black and Indian from my birth dad after my mom remarried. I do speak fluent Italian and Spanish at home and I know how to write in Italian.