Ch. 2

"Where do you want me to pick you up at." Kris asked into the phone. It was dark and I didn't want to be sitting any where were people won't be able to see me.

"I don't know. What about the McDonald's down the street by my house? Can you pick me up there?" I asked quickly walking in that direction.

"Sure. Be safe out there. You know how crazy people are in your neighborhood." Kris laughed through the phone.

"Ok I'll try my best. I'll talk to you later." I laughed in response of her joke. I walked into the parking lot of the McDonald's all the door and windows were bullet proof and the windows at the drive through had two windows as well bullet proof. I texted Kris and asked her if she wanted anything while I stood in line and waited to order because I did not eat at home.

Once I got to the front of the line all I heard was loud chomping. I looked up to see the cashier, about my age, with a bored expression and gum in her mouth. "Hi welcome to McDonald's how may I help you?" She asked the routine question in a monotone voice.

I looked at the menu. "Can I have two medium fries and a small pop?" I took out $10, as she read my total, which came up to $5.24 she passed me my change and my food. I sat at a table as I waited for Kris to get here as I stared out the dusty window of the fast food joint.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket as I saw Kris's truck pull up. "I'm here and I juss want a fry." The text read. I packed my stuff up and slung my purse over my shoulder and walked out the doors of the small and vacant restaurant.

"Hey girl! What's up." Kris greeted me as I entered her black truck which is of the newer ford models.
"Nothing much. Just tired of my step dad. He just know how to annoy the shit out of me." I told her leaving the details out so she wouldn't question me about anything. I'm just glad that my bruise was mostly hidden by my hood so Kris wouldn't ask about anything at home.

"Oh here's your food." I mentioned as I completely forgot about the food that I was holding. I pulled out the fries for her as she smiled. "You know me so well." She grinned as she put the container of fries in the cup holder so she can eat while she is driving to her house. She really didn't live that far from me just about two our three miles away, overall it was a pretty short ride.

"God Kris, your so fat." I joked as I saw her stick about ten fries into her mouth.

"What its not like you wouldn't do the same, now would you?" she joked.

"No I wouldn't." I told her as I grabbed a single fry from my container. I heard the engine die to stop as we pulled up into Kris's house. I packed up my stuff and followed her to the front door and waited for her to unlock it.

The inside of her house was not as nice as mine, but she did live in a way better neighborhood. I made my way up to her room to put my purse up, but I took out my phone and my charger, as she sat her keys on her dresser.

As I suspected her room was cluttered with clothes but her bed and desk where spotless and clean. "Hey want to watch something on Netflix?" she called from down stairs.

"Sure go ahead and put on anything that you want." I told her as I made my way downstairs. I walked into the den as she got comfortable on the circular couch.

I sat next to her as she flicked through the different tv shows. "Is 'Orange is the New Black' fine she asked me as the remote clicked on the icon.

"Sure. I never really seen it." I just heard that is was one of the better shows on Netflix with the main characters being gay/bi/straight but nothing else.

"Do you want any cover?" Kris asked getting up and breaking me from the hypnotic power of Netflix.

"Yea if you don't mind." I told her as I readjusted to a more comfortable position. She left the room as I paused the tv and waited for her to get back.

I felt around for my phone because I felt it vibrate in my pocket. There were about 20-25 messages from my step dad, my cousin and Taylor. "Did Taylor text you?" Kris exclaimed causing me to jump in surprise.

"Um yea he was just asking a question about the homework." I partially lied. He did ask if I wanted to meet up with him to help with some homework during lunch. Kris quickly snatched my phone out of my hand, because I left it unlocked, and ran to the bathroom and locked the door.

"Please don't read the messages." I pleaded with her through the door. I slid down and sat against the wall and waited for her to get out. My heart rate accelerated as I waited for her to get out the bathroom. I sat there fiddling with my hands as I presumed she was reading my texts.

"Here you go" she passed me my phone as she slid down and sat next to me. "Why didn't you tell me what was going on at ur house? I couldv'e said something to the teachers anyone."

I was now hysterical. She knows my secret, I've been trying to keep it for a long time, I didn't want anyone to know what was going on at home. "You read the text message from my dad you know wht he does to me." I cried hysterically, "Why would I tell anyone?"

She looked at me and whispered, "I wont tell anyone. I just don't want you to get hurt." I laughed it was kind of funny that she doesn't want me hurt when im constantly hiding bruises and cuts from her and other people.

"I'm already hurt." I replied looking down at my hands. I got up from my position on the floor.

"Help me up?" Kris asked looking up at me from her seated position

"Yea sure." I said as I grabbed her hands and struggled to get her standing. "You are so fat!" I teased as she stood up completely changing the subject.

"'Your no better." she teased lightly pushing my into the wall.

~*~*~
Hey hope you like this chapter. It's really crappy though. But I'm just letting you guys know that I will be only updating on some weekends, breaks, and during the summer.

like, comment and vote and I'll keep updating.

Marie _Kennedy