Perfect Two

"And what do you think of Ziall?"

"Ha! That's a load of shit, there's nothing that could ever make that happen."

"And you?"

"...I agree with Zayn...it's bullshit."

"Moving on to our next question..." I zoned her out and looked over at Zayn. Yeah...it could never happen...why would we even want it to, right? Right..? Louis nudged my shoulder and I looked over to him.

"You okay, mate?" I nodded. I stood and put my hand over my stomach.

"You alright love?" She asked.

"Just not feeling to great, I think I'm gonna go lay down if you don't mind." She nodded and waved me off. As soon as I was a safe distance away I dropped the act and sprinted down another hallway, arriving backstage.

"Hello Niall! Whatcha doin?" Josh, our drummer, asked.

"Just needed a breather." He nodded, knowing all to well what a breather meant for me. Josh was one of my closest friends, so obviously I told him my biggest secret, the one no one else can know about.

"You want to talk?" I shrugged and walked onto the stage, staring out into the empty rows of seats. Suddenly I felt someone's hand rest on my shoulder and I saw Zayn walk up next to me.

"What's wrong?" I looked into the audience again, I couldn't look him in the eye right now.

"Nothing, I'm fine. Go back to the interview." He laughed and lightly squeezed my shoulder, giving me chills.

"You know I hate those," I nodded, "plus I wanted to make sure my little leprechaun was okay." He playfully messed with my hair.

"Our stylist is going to be pissed Zayn." I said, fighting back a smile. He shook his head. He let go of my shoulder and stepped in front of me, tilting my chin up so our eyes met.

"Seriously, what's the matter?"

"Don't feel well, you heard me." He brought his hand up to my forehead, pressing it gently against my warm skin.

"I think you have a temperature. You are pretty hot." He winked at me, making me laugh.

"Oh, cut it."

"No I'm serious, you feel a little warm." He said, scrunching up his nose, making his worried face. I pushed his hand away from me and stepped back.

"I'm fine Zayn. I'm just gonna go lay down..." I walked off, but just before I left I thought I heard Zayn say,

"Well...okay...love you too..."

- in the tour bus-

I climbed into my bunk and wrapped the blanket around me, turning to face the wall. It was covered in photos of me and the boys but most of them were Zayn and I. I laughed seeing the one of us both in aprons and attempting to cook something. There was one where he was wearing an adorable little tiger hat, that just made me melt. And of course my favorite, the picture of him asleep on my shoulder. I don't get it, how can he not see what I see in these photos? All the unseen glances that have passed him by over the years...He's always been perfect in my eyes. His hair, his smile, his eyes, his voice... "I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth, but if I do. It's you, it's you they add up to. I'm in love with you and all these little things." I sang quietly to myself.

"And you'll never love yourself half as much as I love you, and you'll never treat yourself right darling but I want you to," I turned and saw my bunk curtain pushed aside to see a smiling Zayn, "if I let you know that I'm here for you, maybe you'll love yourself, like I love you." He smiled at me.