The infinite amount of potential of something that's lost

Waking up to the sound of rain wasn't at all unnatural from where I came from. Waking up and getting a bit wet from an open window? Not at all (since I never close the damn thing).
But waking up under the rain? Maybe not so natural.
Even for me.

To wake up in a park bench ( I'm assuming its a bench and that I am in a park.) with a pounding in my head was just weird.
What's even more weird is that I see a blurry swing set as I open my eyes. Wait, blurry?!
Oh crap.
Where are my glasses?
I scrambled up, causing the pounding in my head to do an encore performance.
Now I'm panicking even more when I realize three more things.

   1. My right shoe was missing, leaving my right foot unprotected by the cold, save for my black socks.

   2. I'm shirtless under my hoodie. I could feel the smoothness of my jacket rubbing my, now, wet neck and chest.
    3. (This is by far my favorite) I am basically twenty feet away from my ex boyfriends house.
Which also meant that I am a thirty-minute-drive away from my own comfy, cozy, and dry house.
Such a wonderful way to start the day.

Groaning, I sat up straight on the bench only to feel the world swirl around me. Which lead me to another amazing conclusion,
I'm drunk as hell.

Well, I'm assuming... Considering I don't even know what being drunk feels like.

Yes. I'm an 18 year old guy who doesn't get batshit drunk every Friday night.
Sue me.

I sat there, eyes closed and head thrown back as I slouch on the bench, wallowing in my misery for what feels like a year only to feel the rain stop.
But the sound of rain heavily falling never stopped. Weird.
I opened my right eye only to see what I swore I would never see again.
Dazzling blue eyes that once looked at me with such longing but was now filled with pity.
Dark hair even darker because of the wetness in the air leaving it a mess on top of his head.
And then his whole appearance seems to pop out. Covered in a sweater too big and sweatpants too small for him. Holding up a black umbrella over both of our heads.

"You're an idiot." He breathed out

Yeah but I'm your idiot. "I know"

"We have got to stop meeting like this. Why are you still here? I told you to go home Devon."

Devon? Ouch

"I dont even know. I can't remember anything. And my head feels like someone jacked me up with a baseball bat. And my shoe is missing. And my shirt is gone. And my ex is probably judging me right now."

He shook his head and smiled slightly as he took a seat next to me.
"I'm not judging you. I'm trying to figure you out."

"Can you figure me out inside your house? Please?"

He then looked straight ahead as his jaw visibly clenched and shook his head, bitting his bottom lip.
"I am probably gonna regret this"

He then looked at me and gave me his hand. "C'mon"

I grabbed his hand and got up only to feel my knees buckle from under me and I ended up grabbing for his shoulder. The action caught him off guard and... Well, we might've ended up lying on the wet floor of a park.

"Alright. I'm already regretting this."

Then everything kinda just blurred together.
Him lifting me over his shoulder, him dropping me on a couch, him undressing me except from my boxers, him drying me up and dressing me up with clothes that are probably mine, drinking some revolting thing, spitting out said revolting thing, and then everything went black and still and quiet.