Prologue

It has always been like this everyday. We were always together. Even if we’re already in our fifth grade, and no matter how our friends and classmates teases me, I still am always together with Ren-chan. Whenever I’m with Ren-chan, I always find myself having a good time. I forget about everything else as we do thing together, play together after class.

My classmate, Ren-chan, is always cheerful as I know. She’s like a very bright star in a pitch-black midnight sky, twinkling on my sight bright enough to my amazement, but with brightness which will never get my eyes hurt unlike the burning sun, no matter how long a time I spend staring up on her.

It was always only the two of us, until we met a new companion. He was always a loner, and never had anyone to hang out with. Kyo-chan is a very timid kid, but I knew the first time our eyes met, that he has a very gentle and warm heart within that gloomy and introvert visage. We got to know him on a day Ren-chan and I was walking home together and saw him sitting on a bench at the park.

Ren-chan nonchalantly approached him with a radiant smile, the same smile that made me friends with her, a very warm and honest greeting that will sure make anyone smile back at her.

Kyo-chan never smiled back on him though, much as I expected since he seemed to be the type of kid who always wear a poker face, someone who’s not very good at showing his feelings to others, just like me…