Chance

"If you go in you will drown. Once you make a choice there's no going back." Bean placed a warm hand on my shoulder. My head spun as I tilted my head towards hers, I saw her grey eyes look out at the calm waves.

"I'm going in." I kept a steady voice as I shrugged off her hand and tenderly stepped into the warm shallow water.

"Its your choice." Bean crossed her arms and watched as I placed my other foot in the water. My heart pounded fiercely inside,but I managed to keep a calm appeareence. Yet,no matter how hard, nothing could escape Bean.

"You can always turn back. You don't have to go." Beans voice was calm and soothing,but I knew better. If I didn't go, I would die just like everyone else.
"No." My voice held a supprising firm edge as I waded waist high into the water. I could feel Beans eyes on me as I went deeper and deeper in. Stay calm,stay calm,I can do this...

I dipped my hands under the water to hide the shaking from Bean. I managed to get neck high before I felt the tug. My foot slid forward, making my head go under for a minute before I regained balence and shot up again. I took a gulp of air and stood completely still, waiting for whatever to come back again.

Silence.

It seemed like hours or days passed by before I saw a row of bubbles start to arise from all around me. Popping and gurgling filled the air as I stood surrounded.

"Now's your chance to prove yourself Chance!" Beans voice singled out amount the noise causing the bubbles to grow louder. I swallowed down bile.

"What am I supposed to do!" This time, my calm appearance slipped and raw fright spilled out. I turned my head towards the beach to see Bean had disappeared completely. Is this some sick joke?

Tug.