Ashton

"Skylar and I are going to go for a run." Anabell announced as the two came downstairs. I eyed them. "Ok, be careful." She nodded and the two ran out; I stared at them until they disappeared. "You know running around the forest is not the only thing they'll be doing?" Ashton chuckled as he came and sat down by me. We were still at The Cullens, I was watching Edward and Alice play chess. I glared at him. "Not what I want to be thinking about." She may be old, but she is still technically 14!

"But think about it mom. Out alone, with a boy, an older boy might I say." I could tell he was teasing me; Emmett really did get to him.

"Ashton, stop making your mom irritated." Edward said, not taking his eyes off the game. I smirked, Ashton glared. "Yes dad." He only called him that when he was annoyed, considering they both are the same age. Edward smirked, though he too found it weird to say.

But talking about Anabell and Skylar made me think of something. "Ashton, why don't you have someone?"

He shrugged. "I've never looked." Never looked? He's been alive for over 500 years and not once has he been attracted to anyone. Then again, I wonder if Isabelle was? "Don't worry mom, I did it by choice. Sure throughout the years there were girls that caught my attnetion, but none never stood out. I wasn't exactly worried about finding someone, what with Anabell's obsession with Isabelle. I had to make sure she didn't go too crazy." He was so devoted to his sister that he didn't think about his happiness, he truly is selfless. "She's happy, so it makes me happy. I do have a fighting buddy though, so that's a positive." He laughed. Great, him and Emmett are now fighting buddies.

"Checkmate." Alice said as she left, strange. Edward came and joined me on the couch. "Now I'm curious, how the hell did you not kill her?" I glared at him as Edward laughed. "It was hard, but I loved her too much to kill her." I smiled. "And your sister is happy and has found someone, you should too."

He nodded, standing up. "Maybe. Anyway, I'ma find Emmett, we are scheduled for a rematch at Call of Duty." And then he disappeared as I rolled my eyes. "I'm not liking this."

Edward laughed and kissed my cheek. "I think it's funny. Emmett always wanted a fighting buddy. Jasper was growing tired of him and he accuses me of cheating so he really had no one." Well, it did make them happy, I guess I will have to deal with it. "What are you thinking about?"

I shrugged and put my head on his shoulders. I was feeling bad. This whole time I have been putting my attention on Anabell, but I never really knew about Ashton. When I was a kid he was sort of distant until I found out what they were. He would tell me few stories about their adventures, mostly leaning all the attention towards Anabell, but what about him? "If you want to talk to him, Rosalie stole Emmett away for hunting." I got up, kissed his cheek, and headed towards the other room where Ashton was playing a video game. "I heard Emmett had to leave."

"Yeah, Rosalie wanted to go hunting." He shrugged. He was very emotionless at times. "You want to talk about anything?"

"Um yes, I wanted to talk about you?" He looked at me with confusion. "Me?"

I nodded. "I realized I don't know too much about you."

"How could you? Anabell was the one having a mental breakdown." He smiled, though it did not help me. "Isabelle never knew much about me either." What? He turned the game off and turned to face me. "There was not alot to say about me. Anabell and I are twins, but I ran away the day Originals went rampage on our village. I lived in the closest town as a blacksmith's apprentice. I got in a fight with a fe wof these guys tht led me to be shot in the chest. Anabell found me, dying in the street and bit me. Isabelle pulled her off of me but soon changed me after." He looked to the side. "Truth is, I didn't think of Isabelle as my mother."

"But, Anabell..." "Anabell was 14, and our parents weren't the best parents, which is why I ran away. But Anabell alway's wanted a family so when Isabelle offered to be her mother, she accepted it."

"And you not so much." He shook his head. "I'm not as, trusting, as my sister is. My human father loved to talk about how weak and pathetic I was, while my mother just let him. Bella, I felt like I didn't need any parents, but Anabell was my sister and I didn't want to lose her again, so I went with them. Isabelle and I did have a bond, but it was more of a friendly bond then anything else. After her first reincarnation died I began to hate her. She played with her heart, leaving Anabell to go through the same thing with her puppet." How sad, wait, did he say puppets? There's no way he could have known.

He stared at me before chuckling softly. "You seem surprised. Even though Isabelle was secretive, I managed to figure out her secrets." So, he did know. "How?"

"Whenever she would leave us, I'd follow her while Anabell would sleep. I knew she could survive in the sun, she would walk into places univited, if it weren't for her eyes and fangs, you wouldn't guess she was an Original." He sighed. "I also saw her, meeting with a witch. I heard she knew she was dying soon and so had the witch created a reincarnation for her with half of her soul. You. And I know, that every girl we met never truly loved Anabell, they were under Isabelle's command. " He looked at me. "So that's why I never talked about myself, because I knew that there was no point. I knew those girls were going to die and I sabelle was focused on Anabell." Oh Ashton.

So much he knew, for so long he had kept his mouth shut about everything because he worried about his sister. "But Isabelle did do something that stayed with me."

"What was it?"

He smiled and took my hand. "She made you. And you showed me that I did need parents after all," He laughed. "You also showed that there can be a good family. You are a good mother." I smiled and hugged him. I love you Ashton, you are my son.

"I'm back, now let's do this and if you cheat I'll hang you upside down on a tree." Emmett's voice echoed through the room.

We both laughed. "I don't cheat, you are just not that good." Ashton replied. He turned to me. "I'll leave." I began standing up. He kissed my cheek. "Thanks mom."

"What a momma's boy." Emmett mumbled. I walked out just as I heard him yelling about his pants on fire. That's my boy.

Edward was at his piano, playing Esme's favorite song; I sat down by him. "He is an interesting person."

"Eavesdropping again?" He smiled. "But he is right, you are a good mother." I smiled, liking that.

"We're back." Skylar said as the two came back in with big smiles on their faces. I looked at Edward. "I really wish you could read their minds, find out what they were doing." He laughed but I too could tell he was thinking the same thing.

"Don't worry Bella, they were happy to spend time together. They did nothing wrong." Alice said as she sat down next to us. "You can't see them." I pointed out.

She shook her head. "I been around you guys a lot so your kind is becoming more clear to me." Hm, that was something. I then remembered it was Sunday. "Anabell, we have to be leaving, Charlie's expecting us." I called.

She ran down with her shoes on already. "Yeah, get to see grandpa." We said our goodbyes and then we were off.

"Auntie Alice says the sun will be up for the next two days." Really?

"We best get your coffin ready then shall we?" Her coffin was under her bed. It was pretty nice, wood, big and wide enough for her, red, old fashion. Alice still will not tell me where she ordered it. Opening the door the scent hit me hard.

"You smell it too." Anabell whispered, I nodded. It was the smell of a vampire.