Are You Okay?

When she reached her room, Scarlet flopped down on her bed one hand clutching her stomach.

 Wolf walked in a couple minutes later, a concerned look etched in his features. "Are you okay? Iko told me what happened."

Scarlet waved her hand at him. "I'm fine," she assured. "I'm just feeling kind of gross."

Scarlet felt the bed dip has Wolf sat down next to her.

"Are you sure you're okay? I feel like you've been sick a lot lately." Wolf said brushing a strand of hair from her eyes.

"Yeah, just a stomach bug." She said, patting her fiancee's hand.

                                                                                                    ***

The realization hit Iko so hard she almost impaled Cinder with a sewing needle. 

"OW!" Cinder said as the needle pierced her skin. "Stars Iko, I didn't know you were that jealous about me marrying Kai!"

Iko rolled her eyes and remarked, "I'm so over him. Anyway, I don't crush on my friend's husbands."

"Pssh, I'm your first friend to get married." Cinder said, rolling her eyes right back at Iko.

"Hello? Scarlet and Wolf? They're getting married next month! And anyway, I think I know what's up with Scarlet." Iko said, her head swimming with the possibility. "You know what? I'll be right back. Pearl can finish your hemming."

Iko heard Cinder call out after her but she ignored her. She had a mission.

                                                                                                      ***

Scarlet was almost asleep watching some stupid cop show on the net (Wolf insisted it was awesome, but so far she didn't particularly believe him) when Iko burst into the room.

"Scarlet! We need to talk! Now. Like, right now!" Iko said frantically.

"Stars above, Iko. Calm down! What is it?" Scarlet said, sitting up and rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

Iko gestured to the bathroom while saying, "I think I know your problem."

After Iko had pulled her into the bathroom, Scarlet crossed her arms over her chest and said, "What."

"Scar, when did you last get your period."

Scarlet blushed and looked away. "How did you know?"

"Know what?" Iko said, obviously confused.

"How do you know my period is late? I should of had it by now!"

Iko licked her lips. "Scarlet. Have you and Wolf had sexual intercourse in the last month?"

Scarlet's face turned as red has her hair. "Ah...um...yes...sort of..possibly..." she stammered.

"Did you use a condom? Are you on birth control?" Iko listed, eyeing her suspiciously.

The realization dawned on Scarlet's face. "OH, shit. Are you saying I'm...pregnant?"

"Possibly...c'mon. Let's go to a nurse." Iko said placing a hand on her friends shoulder.

Sorry this was so late! I haven't really been writing much lately! I promise, chapter 4 won't take so long. :)