Chapter 10

What. A. Hangover.

I rolled over in my bed, and glanced at my phone. 11 am on Tuesday morning. I'm surprised my mom hasn't dragged me out of bed yet to go to school. My phone had no messages, and no missed calls either. Maybe I had officially whipped myself off the face the planet. Ez rolled over, and slapped me in the face.

"Why are you awake?!" Ez yawned. "It's too early for this. Skip school with me."

I laughed, and rolled over towards her. She giggled when I pushed my pillow into her face. "I guess I could. Can you believe mom hasn't even called me yet? She must have taken too make of her chill pills and is in a deep, dark sleep."

We both laughed, and jumped out of bed to go make breakfast. Her parents had already left for work, so we were home alone. The bottle of Jack in her fridge found it's way into my hands again, and we both shared a shot of morning gold. Jack and pancakes are the best combination in the world. Hands down.

"So now what?" I asked Ez, as we slid into her car. We needed more Jack, for one. Two, I wanted to get some more clothes from home.

"Lets go by Joseph's house. I wanna give him a piece of my mind!" She sped to my house, and I grabbed my clothes. No one was home, which was so weird. Joseph's parents were home, so I decided to walk over there.

I banged on the door, and to my surprise, Joseph answered.

"Hannah?" He asked, stunned to see me at his doorstep. Instantly, I smacked him. He WASN'T supposed to be home.

He stumbled backwards, and grabbed the edge of the door. "Look, I can explain if you give me a chance! Before you came, Amber liked me. We dated, but then she broke up with me. I wanted her back so bad, but then I met you! I was going to tell Amber that I didn't want her, but I couldn't! I missed her so much and I just kissed her. I'm sorry!" Tears already began to form in his tear ducts.

"I can't believe I trusted you! I thought you were a good guy, and I was wrong. You're better off with Amber anyway. Maybe she'll..." That's when I noticed the big scrape across his arm. Dark, red crimson poured from it. Did I do that?

"What happened to your arm?" I grabbed it, and blood got on my hand.

"You weren't supposed to be here. There's so much you don't understand, okay? Just go."

The door slammed shut. Ez called to me, and I ran over to the car. She got my clothes for me, and we went to the store. While she persuaded the cashier to give us booze, I dazed off. Joseph was hiding something from me. Should it bother me? No. Does it? Yes.

"Come on, gorg. We've got a buzz to get." She skipped to the car with two brown bags full of fun. Forget Joseph, and his lies. It doesn't matter what's going on with him. The only things I need are Ez, Sky, and Jack.