Medical Woes

Dipper runs as fast as he can through the hospital. He had received a phone call only an hour ago and had to battle traffic to get here but he was here now. Several doctors and nurses tried to stop him but he brushes them off.
After 10 minutes Dipper finds the room and bursts in. The sight brought tears to his eyes. Bill is laying in the hospital with tubes attached to him and his mother Lilith sitting next to the bed petting his hair.

"Oh my god. What happened?"

Dipper runs to the other side of the bed and takes Bill's hand but frowns when the grip isn't returned.
Bill turns his head and gives Dipper a weak smile.

"H-hey Pine Tree. Sorry I missed lunch."

"Bill I don't care. What happened to you?"

Bill gives a weak chuckle.

"I was a crossing the street and someone ran the light."

Dipper's heart falls.

"My entire spine is shattered and I'm paralyzed from the neck down."

Dipper gives a choked sob and hugs Bill.

"I understand if you don't want to get married anymore."

Dipper sits back looking hurt.

"How could you say that?"

Bill flinches.

"I need care 24/7. I can only move my head. I can't do anything. I can't put you through the trouble of taking care of me. You have a job and need to take care of yourself. I can't take your life away."

Dipper begins to cry.

"You are my life Bill. I'm not just going to leave you."

Bill starts to cry.

"Are you willing to give up your life to take care of me? To have to do everything for me? Do you really want to marry someone who can't move at all!"

"Of course I do! I want to marry the man I fell in love with! And I will enjoy every moment I spend taking care of you because I am caring for the one person I love more than the entire world!"

Bill begins to cry harder and Dipper pulls him into a hug and places kisses all over his face.

"I love you so much Pine Tree."

"I love you too Bill and I will never let you go."