Chapter 16

Thanks to Ayeesha98!! Who has nabbed a role in the story!!! I'll introduce that character soon!!!!

Chapter 16

Rose

 A hard rap sounded on the door of the Gryffindor common room. The door tumbled down and a few students scurried about yelped.

 I looked up surprised and saw a now gray haired Hagrid saunter in.

"Sorry 'bout that." He muttered motioning to the door. He sat down on the couch in between to students who were now smooched to the sides of the couch.

 Hagrid'd face was worn and stretched like an old crease from a book and his eyes drooped knowing his old friends were petrified. His hair was matted with leaves and dirt, now a graying mess, his joints jutted from the skin showing recent arthritis.

 "I left the Missus at home. I came to figure out what did this too our professors." He coughed out noisily.

 Professor Slughorn smiled sympathetically. I stood still my arms folded across my chest. Albus and Lily sat down to talk with Hagrid. Hugo was back with Mum and dad for now. Since the other teachers were gone, classes wouldn't start back until spring.

 I stood quietly by the fireplace. I looked to my left and saw Scorpius sitting at a table angrily. I sighed and walked over.

 "Hey." I said and I put a hand over his. He didn't say anything. I grunted. "Look, there is absolutely nothing you can do now about it so can you please stop moping around." I whispered irritated. He looked up and shook his head. 

 "No. There is something I can do, I should've done it before this mess." He said a new energy flowing off of him.

 "Wha-?" I started to say but he stood up on a table in front of everybody. "Can I have your attention, please?" He began, his voice loud. I got up and stared at him alarmed.

 Everyone got quiet and watched him curiously, Hagrid asked Lily who he was and Lily rolled her eyes dramatically.

 Scorpius cleared his throat. "I know who's behind all of this." He began.

 5 minutes later everyone was quiet. I looked around in horror as the Gryffindors began to look well over angry.

 Scorpius stepped down and breathed in and nodded, gesturing that he was finished.

Finally breaking the silence, James Potter, who was Head Boy said, "Great. Another Lord Voldemort, how can we trust that you're not with them?" He accused angrily.

 Scorpius nodded. "I see how you can think that." He said confidently. "But I'm nothing my father or grandfather were. You can trust me." He said after a moment. No one looked convinced.

 I breathed out nervously, I didn't realize I'd been holding my breath. I looked back at Scorpius, he looked confident and proud.

---------

Scorpius

 I splashed the cold water onto my face. I sighed trying to wash away the day. I heard soft footsteps from behind me. I wiped my face off and turned to see Rose standing there confused. I smiled jokingly.

 "You shouldn't be in the men's bathroom." I laughed. She couldn't help but laugh too and leaned against one of the sinks.

 "So since the new events…" She started, I looked back at her. "My family is coming to Hogwarts…" She said frowning.

 "Is that a bad thing?" I asked watching her expression.

"Sort of… My family is embarrassingly strange." She said nervously. "Im sure they'd shun me if they found out about us." She whispered.

 "They don't know?" I asked surprised. She shook her head, I leaned back thinking, didn't we have an argument about this a while ago?!

 "Well they're going to find out if we're not careful. Heaven knows what will happen…a mud-blood and a pure-blood." She sighed in mock drama.

 "Why cant we just tell them? I mean I haven't exactly told my parents but I never really talk to them so whys should that matter?"  I asked rhetorically.

 "I don't know." She said after a while. "Lets go." She whispered. I reluctantly walked down the hall with her.

 "I think I'll stay around back here." I said. "Why?" She asked lightly. "Well the school thinks I'm a traitor and Death Eater. I don't blame them I mean my family has given them more than enough reason to not trust me." I replied shaking my head.

 Rose gave a sympathetic smile. "I trust you." she said then laughed at how odd it sounded. "I love you." I whispered back.

 She stopped for a mint and turned to me. "I know." She smiled and shrugged, I noticed her smiling afterwards though.

 Once back in the Gryffindor Common Room I sat down in a chair quietly whilst everyone else stared at me.

 I rolled my eyes and pulled out a book. Two heads peeked through the doorway and then noticed the door was gone. I looked up a young woman with short wavy brown hair stepped in wearing jeans and a red sweater. After her, a man stepped in loudly and knocked over a few books on his way in, he wore pants and a gray knit jacket.

 Rose looked down nervously and I realized they must be her parents. Rose's mother spotted her and lunged at her, hugging her ferociously. Her husband stayed back and patted Rose's arm.

 Rose squirmed uncomfortably and ducked away from the hug. I smiled, amused at how easily annoyed she could be.

 They interrogated her and then went to visit Hagrid. Hagrid pointed at me after a moment and I internally groaned. I pulled myself from the chair and went to introduce myself, like the charming gentleman I was, of course.

 "Mr. and Mrs. Weasley." I said and shook their hands. They looked apprehensive but returned the gesture. "Your Draco's son, aren't you?" Mr. Weasley asked nearly sneering my fathers name.

 "Yes, sir." I smiled. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Rose looking like she might break a blood vessel, I smiled a bit.

 Mrs. Weasley nodded politely and pulled her husband away to talk to Albus and Lily. Rose stomped away up the stairs and to the dormitory hall.

 I smiled mischievously as I followed her up unnoticed. "What are doing?" She whispered angrily.

 "Talking to your parents? I'm sorry if that upset you but all I did was introduce myself." I whispered back.

 She loosened up a bit and nodded satisfied. "Well just don't seem suspicious." She said and turned to leave. I sighed and began to follow her. Suddenly she tuned around and kissed me just then.

 At first I was surprised and almost a little scared at how she came at me. I pushed against the wall trying to be quiet. I broke from it after a long moment. I smiled, like a blithering idiot.

 "What was that?" I asked quietly.

 She straightened up and ducked from our embrace, "I just wanted to say, I love you too." She said and confidently sauntered down the stairs.

 I shook my head and padded down the stairs after a few moments maybe with a little more incentive than before.

sorry short chapter :) i'll upload as soon as I can after school tomorrow!