Chapter 1

I kept looking at the clock out of the corner of my eye. Finally in short minutes it would be summer break.
"Ms.Hall would you mind answering number six on the board please."
Ugh! Just because my brother Bryce was bad she wants to take it out on me. I walked up to the board doing the math to find what x represented. When I finally found it I turned on my heel walking back to my seat. After what seemed like hours of the teacher talking the bell rung. I walked out of the class to my locker.
"Hey Nikki," my best friend Abby said.
I smirked at her as her crush Chris walked by. Chris was friends with Bryce Hall aka my older obnoxious brother.
"So what time should we be over for the annual tradition?"
By we she was talking about our friends Charlie and Missy. They were a grade ahead of us.
"Umm how about 5."
"Okay."
We walked out talking about all the fun things we would be doing the summer like going to the lake and skiing. As we got off the school grounds I realized this would be the summer before 8th grade.

I got home about 15 minutes later. I jumped on the couch turning on Netflix and grabbing some food I put on the coffee table for this reason. Ugh this was going to be a long hour before my friends got here.
"Bryce!"
"What?"
"What time do your friends get here?"
"Around 4:30!"
I looked at the clock. That was in 30 minutes. I was so bored.
Long boring minutes his friends go here.
Jacob was the first one to get here. My brothers friends are younger than him but he has more one that are his age he just doesn't like them as much.
Okay. I wanted to have me and my brothers friends with us this year because I kinda have a crush on Jacob. Of course he doesn't know because I'm good at hiding things from people.
He smiled when he saw me sprawled out on the couch eating takis. I rolled my eyes and continued to eat.