1- She's a mess

Lana's POV

Six years earlier

"I swear, Mrs. Hargrave is determined to ruin my life." I said, leaning into the hard brick wall.

"She's not. Trust me, when I had her, she was exactly the same." Lacey replied, laughing through the phone.

I took the phone off my ear to look at something across the street, a girl and guy arguing across the street. They seemed about my age, thirteen or fourteen.

"We have no choice!" The guy exclaimed, angrily running a hand through his messy brown hair. "Don't worry, Amelia. We'll see each other again, and we can always contact each other."

"I know, but I wish you didn't have to go." The girl, who I assumed to be Amelia, replied, looking down while crossing her arms over her chest.

The way he brought her into an embrace, I knew they weren't a couple. It was tender, and fragile, a just a bit awkward.

I brought the phone back up to my ear, "Lace, I gotta go, I'll talk to you soon?"

"I've got finals this week, but I'll phone you this weekend." She replied. "Love you!"

"You too!" And she hung up.

I stood with a sigh and walked over to where the girl was left alone, crouched in front of the coffee shop with mascara running down her pale face.

"You alright?" I asked quietly, crouching down in front of her.

"N-not exactly." She replied, looking up at me with tear filled green eyes.

"Wanna go inside? Talk about it?" I questioned sincerely. 

I found out that her best friend was named Mason. They had been best friends for a long time and he moved out of state.

She was worried, denying the fact that it was possible he was staying there forever and kept reminding me that they would see each other again.

She kept reminding and denying for six years, till she heard the news.

"Good news Amelia! Mason and his parents are coming back!"

***

Just a teaser. Real story is coming soon ;)

Check out 1PicturesqueUmbrella, she has a teaser up too.

Stay glamorous!

~Iza, xx