Chpt.4

(Kelly in the picture)

-----
"Axel?" I say as he randomly picks me up and carries me to my car that's not even too much further down.

When we get the he puts me down and looks at me.

"What was that f-" He interrupts me.

"What were you and Kelly talking about?" He asks.

"What? Why?" I look at him confused.

"What did she tell you?" He says, the stress apparent on his face.

"Nothing, I was just asking her about you and-"

"What? What did she say about me?"

"She said she doesn't know you that well, jeez"

He looks down at the ground.
He's hiding something, I can tell.

Questions run through my mind like a marathon. Maybe being homeschooled wasn't too bad after all.

"Was she supposed to say something?" I ask him.

His eyes wide as if he thinks I caught him doing something he has no business doing. His face more pale than usual, i've never seen someone with a tough act show his soft interior. I can tell he's trying to hide it though: the fear, the anxiety.

"No." He says, he runs his hands through his hair as any person who's trying to hide something does.

"Um, Axel what's wrong with you? You're not looking too good." I say looking to the ground as if the ground had all of the answers to his problems.

He slowly leans in.

I thought he was about to kiss me so I held my breath, but he just hugged me tightly. I softly let my breathe out, relieved. What's wrong with me? I think I have some sort of sick, twisted fantasy.

"You know.. Ashley is huggable too." I say as he still hugs me tightly. I reassure myself that i'm a great friend.

"I know, I just needed this."

"Ow, I think you're hugging me a little too tight." The words barely escaped my mouth He was squeezing me so tight my boobs were starting to hurt.

He let go of me laughing, looking down at the ground then back at me. His arrogant face looks normal again.

"Wouldn't wanna hurt the new girl." He smirks.

There he is.

"Axel, you have a girlfriend." I playfully punch him.

"When did you become so abusive?"

"Ever since you started dating my friend."

"And yes, I know I have a girlfriend. I really like Ashley." He states, lightly tapping my nose. I flinch.

He giggles and pats my head.

It's crazy how he can go from looking like the world is ending to back to his stuck up self so quickly, it almost amazes me.

I roll my eyes and wave good bye.

I start walking to my car and open the drivers side door.

"Oh and Lauren.." He looks at me, I look at him. "Thanks for the hug." He gives me a smile, one for the books.

"Uh, sure." I giggle and get in my car.

~~~

When I get home I see mom and Jefferey making out in the kitchen.