The wardrobe

Darkness. Warmth. Phil feels himself wake up to the soft mattress under his body. He snuggles into his bedsheets, pressing into a familiar shape. He feels Dan's steady breathing against his back, his breath hitting Phil's neck in a rhythmical pattern. In...out. In...out. In...out. He feels Dan's form shift in his sleep, slowly wrapping his arm around Phil's waist. He automatically places his pale hand in Dan's somewhat darker one. Dan's hand was soft, intertwining perfectly with his own. Fingers laced, He softly breaths in Dan's familiar sent. It's a comforting constant. Warm vanilla, firewood, and something indescribably amazing. Something that makes you think of all your happiest memories. He smelled of home.

Phil yawns, inhaling the chill air that took residents in the room. He feels a scratch in his throat, one that was present from the time he woke up. He carefully and gently, moves Dan's arm from his chest, placing it on the bed. Phil sits up, slowly, as not to disturb Dan's rest. He glances over at his boyfriend, whose face had formed a confused frown. Phil's loving hands pulled the blankets up to Dan's chin, so he wouldn't shiver. Phil put his hand gently to his neck, pressing to his skin. He remembered why he woke up in the first place, he was thirsty. Phil let a small cough escape his lips. He cringed in the darkness, as he hears Dan shuffle slightly, disturbing the blankets.

After a moment of silence, confident that Dan had fallen back into a deep sleep, Phil swings his long legs over the edge of the bed. His bare feet hit the carpeted floor. He moves to the edge of the bed, shifting all his blankets onto Dan. Phil stood up. Other than his pajama bottoms, he was exposed. He stood there only for a second cold, before walking over to his wardrobe. He takes a bathrobe, a personal favorite of his. It was long, and colored a rich midnight blue. Phil slips his arms into the soft sleeves, pulling it tight a cross his chest, as to not let cold air in. He stood a moment in front of the piece of furniture. He and Dan had built it when they first moved in to the apartment together. They had filmed it Phil remembered, it was fun. He recalled when he hid in the wardrobe, and decided to scare Dan. Phil chuckled under his breath at the memory, God he was such a bad flirt. They were younger at the time, Dan being a little over 20, Phil around 24. He was now in his early 30's, his 31st birthday being just a couple days ago. Phil sighs as he makes his way to the hall, I guess time really does fly when you're having fun, Phil thinks to himself.