first.

[E N C O U N T E R]

M I R A E

I could still clearly remember the first time I met him. I was sitting by the swing at the playground where my brother and I would often play.

Mingyu, my brother who was only a year older than me was currently enjoying himself at the sandbox when I saw a boy approach him. He has jet black silky hair and a pair of eyes that resembles a fox.

I continued swinging as I watched the two of them interact with each other and I found myself smiling as I noticed that they're getting along. I didn't realize that I was swinging myself higher than normal and when I did, I started panicking making me fall off the swing.

I was crying really hard when I landed harshly on my butt and twisted my ankle at the sametime. "Oppa!" I cried.

He ran to me immediately with that boy he was playing with earlier. "Mirae! Are you okay?" Mingyu asked, worry visible in his tone. He kneeled down checking my ankle.

"My ankle hurts oppa!" I cried even louder. The boy kneeled down as well and suddenly patted my head softly.

"Don't cry." He says and as if I was hypnotize with his words, I did stop crying. "Now that's a good girl. Here, I'll carry you on my back and we'll bring you home." He said smiling, turning his back on me to hop on.

I glanced at Mingyu unsure whether to get on or not. Instead, Mingyu smiled at me and just helped me to hop on the boy's back.

The boy stood up with me on his back and Mingyu led the way to our house. "Thank you." I said to the boy who was carrying me.

"You're welcome. I'm Wonwoo by the way." He answered. "You're Mirae right?" he continued and I nodded my head furiously.

"Mingyu is your brother?" I nodded again and he smiled. "You have to call me oppa then."

"Sure. Wonwoo-oppa!" I agreed, knowing that I've made a new friend and got a new older brother.

present year

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" My peaceful sleeping was interrupted with an annoying deep voice and jumping on my bed.

"I swear if you don't stop I'm going to kill you!" I groggily threatened.

"Oh, I'm scared. Little Mirae is going to kill me!" I glared at him, he's really not going to stop.

I sat up on my bed and harshly slapped my pillow against his face.

"Hey! That hurts!" He complained and I just rolled my eyes.

"What are you even doing here? It's just the start of summer vacation!"

"Exactly why I'm here." He said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Just go bother Mingyu, I'm not in the mood. I want to sleep as long as I want." I told him as I laid back on my bed once again. Oh goodness, this bed is life.

"But Mingyu is busy cooking at the kitchen." He whined. I found it really cute when he does that but for now, I need my bed and my bed needs me.

"Whatever Wonwoo." I trailed of once again drifting to sleep.

"Ya! I'm a couple of years older than you so you have to call me oppa!" He continued whining and shaking my shoulders but I decided to just pretend that I'm already fast asleep, hoping that he'll stop and leave.

After a few minutes, he stopped shaking and whining. Oh thank goodness. I can finally go back to sleep peacefully.

Just then, I felt my bed dipped and some shifting beside me. A hand made its way around my waist and pulling me against the owner's firm chest.

My eyes shot open and I can feel my cheeks heating up. "H-hey! What do you think you're doing?" I asked in panic.

"You don't want to play with me so I'm just going to cuddle with you." Wonwoo informed like it was nothing.

"Are you crazy?!" I screeched, I could feel my heart pounding like crazy.

"What?! We used to sleep together when we're still kids." He stated. I rolled my eyes.

"Exactly, we're still kids that time and it's different now. Now, leave or else-"

I wasn't able to finish my sentence when Wonwoo covered my mouth and hugged me closer, I could feel his warm breath against the skin of my neck and my spine shivered at the sudden contact.

"I'm getting sleepy so just let me be." He trailed off, releasing my mouth from being covered and his hands embracing me tighter.

This time I couldn't go back to sleep, with Wonwoo cuddled over me. My heart is still frantic and I couldn't think straight. Sure I'm used sleeping with him when he would sleepover here but that was when we were still innocent kids.

Now, it's different because I'm helplessly in love with my brother's best friend and I know he doesn't feel the same.